- GameStop Interested in Selling Used DLC
- Wasteland 2 Top-Seller on Steam
- Happy Birthday, Vince!
- So How Hard is Bloodborne?
- First Trailer for Sleeping Dogs Successor, Triad Wars
- Yoshida Says Project Morpheus is 85% Complete
- Mornin '14
- Xbox One Launch Delayed in China
- Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass
- PlayStation TV Will Launch in North America with 700 Games
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Shows Open-Ended Assassination Missions
- REVIEW: Anomaly 2
- Destiny Holds the Fort in UK
- Final Fantasy XV TGS 14 Gameplay Trailer
- Activision Files for Dismissal in Noriega Lawsuit
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition Spotted
Gaming News Archives
Bless my soul, an RPG. An action RPG, but an RPG nonetheless. This is a glorious time. It also shows that the genre is not dead. Well, not entirely anyway. Big Huge Games offers its own take on the genre, bringing us into an open world, filled with quests, items, weapons and all the boxes you can smash to your heart's content. But is there more to it?
At first glance, things seem just right, don't they? After the brief introduction sequence, players get to customize the appearance of their character and choose from a variety of options regarding race, basic abilities and class. Races are divided into Ljosalfar, Varani, Almain and Dokkalfa, each with its own set of bonuses that may help you create your hero. There are three basic types of abilities to upgrade - Might, Finesse and Sorcery. Leveling up also involves improving other character facets, such as Persuasion, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Sagecraft, Detect Hidden, Dispelling, Lockpicking, Mercantile and Stealth.
|"Hey, at least is better than Witcher! - touretul"||34|
The game is on its way to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms, with the developer promising to release a playable demo for the game tomorrow, giving players to try out a sample of the sci-fi shooter.
|"Quote: BANG, BANG, BANG! Kill, shoot, slice and fornicate! Right on Vader, that's about all... - Terminator"||11|
|"I didn't expect much from the game and got exactly what I expected. Played it for 10mins past the... - omegavondoom"||16|
Well, the latest weekly UK charts are in and so are the Steam sales charts and guess what? Big Huge Games' RPG, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has topped both of them. Here's the UK top 10 chart for the week ending on February 4:
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- Final Fantasy XIII-2.
- The Darkness 2
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- FIFA 12
- Battlefield 3
- Modern Warfare 3
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympics
- SoulCalibur V
- Just Dance 3
- Zumba Fitness
- Saints Row: The Third
- Need for Speed: The Run
- Zumba Fitness 2
- Mario Kart 7
And here are the weekly top sellers on Steam:
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
- Gotham City Imposters
- The Darkness II
- Call of Duty: modern Warfare 3
- Crusader Kings II
- Stronghold 3
- Plants versus Zombies: Game of the Year Edition
Our review of Kingdoms of Amalur will be up later today.
|"It's pretty much like Fable and God of War had a kid. It's a decent game, but Having a hard time... - finaleve"||3|
Anyway, the official moving day for AT offices is Wednesday, so updates may be slightly late on that day, just so you know.
|"Mornin' Thats awesome dude! *FTLs back to Hoth* Edit: Mass Effect 3 Demo Tomorrow Bitches!!... - Doomsday."||11|
BACK TO TOP