- Xbox Games with Gold for June 2015
- Uncharted 4 Expected to Release Q1 2016
- Women's Soccer Teams Join FIFA 16
- FEATURE: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Could Make or Break the Series for Ubisoft
- Capcom Pulls Ultra Street Fighter IV from Pro Tour
- Official Batman: Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer
- The Witcher 3 PS4 Patched
- Battlefield Hardline's Criminal Activity Gives You A Nailgun
- MS Preparing New Xbox One Controller in June
- Need for Speed Reboot Release Date Leaked
- Mornin '15
- No Cyberpunk 2077 News Until 2017
- Screentendo Turns Your Screen into Super Mario Bros.
- Serious Issues with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4
- Technomancer Screens
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2015
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy DLC Trailer
- Ubisoft Sale at the PlayStation Store
Gaming News Archives
Naturally some people are up in arms about this, although this isn't exactly new. Battlefield: Modern Combat had maps where Americans and Chinese killed each other over and over again. Since America and China are easily the world's two military superpowers, it makes sense that people would want to see them fight, and making a game where Chinese soldiers murder peaceful Tibetan protestors would be poor propaganda. Of course, those who aren't keen on World War 3 probably would like to avoid this sort of thinking in the first place.
The game looks alright, if not kind of generic. I'm not really shocked since there are games where the player can gleefully kill innocent people, so a game where a bunch of soldiers shoot at each other doesn't bother me that much. Seems kind of natural really.
|"Regardless, it will be pirated in China to no end. - stochinblockin"||9|
This report does include information related to that horrible earthquake, and that's an even darker picture than the hacking, but at least Sony has some form of insurance to deal with the earthquake. That's like a two billion dollar loss from the start, without including other expenses.
Terrible news, in a long month of terrible news. This will be an item on a lot of top ten lists about giant fuck ups in the history of video games, right up there with E.T. for the Atari and MGM v. Nintendo.
|"So, for a few weeks they'll be forced to give up eating panda brains boiled in baby seal tears, no... - Un Om Bun"||1|
X-Men: Destiny "casts players as new mutant recruits in a rich, branching storyline that features a deep element of choice and gives players ultimate control of their destiny."
The game hits multiple platforms next Fall.
Don't forget to give the X-Men: Destiny trailer a look.
|BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT||0|
Rockstar has a reputation for stirring up things in the games industry and this title may prove to be no exception. You want a good video game? This one could prove to be slightly more than that:
Check out this snip:
What has probably been the most talked about feature of this game, and likely what cost the most to develop and implement, is the facial animation system. The way this changes the player's interaction with the game is astonishing. At a certain point it does feel like you are looking at a human face, just an animated one. Strangely, this seems to avoid the uncanny valley.
From a technical perspective, everything else lives in the shadow of this facial animation system. While the game looks fantastic, especially the old cars and the authenticity of 1947 Downtown Los Angeles, and the game sounds fantastic, from the voice acting, to the sound effects, to the music, all of this pales in comparison to the fantastic facial animation system. It has allowed actors to bring the characters to life, allowing the characters in L.A. Noire to feel much closer to actual people.
Read our review L.A. Noire.
|"I'm not feeling the 9+ness. In fact, 8 would be pushing it. No more crack for Smap. - unskinnybob"||35|
1. LA Noire - Take Two
2. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - Disney
3. Brink - Bethesda
4. Zumba Fitness - 505 Games
5. The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings - Namco
6. Crysis 2 - EA
7. Portal 2 - EA 08. FIFA 11 - EA
9. Mortal Kombat - Warner
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Activision
Read our review of LA Noire here.
|"That's funny because I just saw a chart that said The Witcher 2 was #1 for the second week. PC... - LostPcGamer"||1|
|"LOL - Shpongle"||7|
Our L.A. Noire review and I must say we enjoyed the hell out of that game. I've also just completed The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and started the review, so you'll have that one by tomorrow morning.
Man, I'm hungry as a bear. I'd better go and find something to eat...
|"hell'o - Morkrul"||20|
BACK TO TOP