- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
- Mornin '14
- Telltale Game of Thrones Teaser Trailer
- The Crew Goes Open Beta Next Week
- FEATURE: In-house Video: Keri Has a CE Problem - Dragon Age Inquisition CE Unboxing
- New Patch for Assassin's Creed Initiates Game
- Activision Claims CoDAW is 'Biggest Entertainment Launch of the Year'
- MGS V: Ground Zeroes Specs Revealed
- WoW Goes Back to 10 Million Subscribers
publisher: Eidos Interactive
developer: ION Storm
genre: Action Adventure
PII-266, 64MB RAM, 12MB Video Card
|ESRB rating: T
release date: Jun 25, 01
|» All About Anachronox on ActionTrip|
Open the file, 'Anachronox\anox\data\CONFIGS\Default.cfg', with any text editor (make a backup first). Look for 'set debug 0' and change the 0 to 1 to enable debug mode. In Debug Mode and during gameplay, press ~ and type any of the following codes:
invoke 1:86 - Cheat Menu
battlewin - Escaping Battles
noclip - No Clipping
map <mapname> - Change Map
timescale # - Modify Game Speed (1=normal, <1=slower, >1=faster)
exec noxdrop, exec noxdrop_ai, exec bed, exec envshot - Editing goodies (use at your own risk, and don't ask US how they hell they work)
Another cheating method
Instead of replacing "debug 0" with "debug 1" try changing "developer 0" to "developer 1" and leaving the debug line set to 0. During the game, you can use the following keys (not in the console, just hit the button!):
N - No clipping mode
U - Developer menu (from this menu the game will be FULLY modifiable!)
Binding to a key
You can bind specific commands to a key. Just enter in the console:
bind key_name "action" (for example: bind a "timescale 1"). You can add binding to config file in config directory, and then you can load it by typing in console:
Hacking the game
Open 'C:\Anachronox\anoxdata\CONFIGS' and look around the files. You can open any of them as a txt file (make a backup first!). Specifically, the developer file - devl.cfg. You'll notice that here, and all the other files, there are command lines like. Type in the following command (it doesn't matter where, but the file was organized when it was made):
bind u "invoke 1:86"
This will start function "invoke 1:86," the in-game cheat menu, whenever the 'u' key is pressed. You can cut and paste other lines. They should be self-explainatory about what they do. Then use your discretion to change what keystroke it's bound to and what it does.
Anachronox Eeaster Egg
In the Sunder Callosum Starport, PAL comp-talks a vending machine to give a newspaper to a cop (you did that, right?). The vending machine talks back to PAL in binary. Translated, it says exactly: "Hello, PAL-18. Tell that colossalasshole to stop hitting me! Here's a paper."
77 or 173
BACK TO TOP