- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
I didn't play Far Cry 3 because I was too busy being disappointed with Assassin's Creed III, and I probably got distracted by several other shiny new things at the time as well. Several people recommended I play it, and now after getting my hands on Far Cry 4, I will gladly pick up Far Cry 3 in eager anticipation for this upcoming installation in the series. All I can say is, you get to ride an elephant and attack enemies and fortresses with an elephant. That's all you really need to know to get excited about it.
Here. Leeloo Dallas. Multi-pass.
This area looks too nice. Let's just put down our guns and relax.
Far Cry 4 is set in the Himalayas, so the open world is far more vertical than Far Cry 3 was, as you now have mountains to climb and explore. To assist you with your mountainous travels, players will have access to a grapple hook and a wing suit to help you survive when you careen over the cliffs. The world map is also dynamic, constantly changing as time passes. For instance, there are patrolling convoys that circle the area at different times. You may see a convoy in one area, while your friend won't come across the same convoy until they reach a different spot.
And speaking of friends, you can play the main campaign along with a friend. At any time, a co-op partner can drop in and out to team up and help you take over fortresses, defeat waves of enemies, and complete mission objectives. The hands-on demo I played was the same mission Ubisoft showed at the Sony press conference. You could choose to fly your way in with the gyrocopter, sneak in and use stealth kills, or barrage you way through with an elephant. Of course I chose the elephant, and I have never had so much fun storming a castle before.
My little elephant friend trampled enemies, tossed any who got too close, and bowled over vehicles. While perched on top, I was well armed with an AK-47, ready to take out snipers and any souls who dared to shoot my pachyderm pal. It was very challenging, and I died numerous times, but I never stopped having a blast trying new ways to take over the fortress atop an elephant. I felt like Hannibal, if Hannibal had an automatic rifle.
Far Cry 4 is set to also release on November 18, 2014, and this is one new-generation console owners should be ecstatic to get their hands on.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP