- COMIC: The Pain of Swatting
- Mornin '14
- The Elder Scrolls Online Dragonstar Arena Trailer
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ratbag Trailer
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announcement Trailer
- Total War: Rome 2 EE Screens
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Confirmed for 2015
- Total War: Rome II - Emperor Edition Announced
- Nintendo Announces the 'New' 3DS
- Bayonetta 2 Release Date Announced for October
- Valve Sued by Aussie Consumer Rights Commission
- Saints Row Reveal Soon?
- Deep Down Very Much in Development, Coop Shown
Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter (apparently he's the only analyst crazy enough to make these assumptions) prognosticates, sorry, analyzes that global sales of Sony's PlayStation 4 console will reach nearly 38 million by 2017.
"We expect Sony's and Microsoft's new consoles to thrive over the next three years, with cumulative worldwide sales of 37.7 million PS4 and 29 million Xbox One consoles by year-end 2016. We do not expect Nintendo's Wii U to fare as well, with cumulative sales of under 20 million by 2016," says Pachter.
Last month, it was reported that the PS4 sold 2.1 million units worldwide. Microsoft's Xbox One console, on the other hand, sold 2 million, with the Xbox One and Xbox 360 topping sales charts during black Friday in the US.
As far as the PS4 is concerned, it sure has a bright future; that's assuming they finally deliver proper games as promised.
There are other predictions. IHS head of games research Piers Harding-Rolls seems to think that PS4 sales should surpass Xbox One sales within the next 4 years, anticipating that 49 million PS4 will be sold by the end of 2017 and 38 million Xbox Ones.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP