- Ubisoft Announces eBook for Watch_Dogs
- PlayStation Gets Physical Copies of Minecraft
- Sony Wanted to Bring Titanfall to Vita
- PS4 Sells 7 Million Worldwide
- FEATURE: Infamous: Second Son OST Review
- Mornin '14
- Warlords of Draenor Expansion Won't Require Hardware Upgrade
- Bungie Fires Composer Martin O'Donnell
- Sony Sells Off All Holdings in Square Enix Stock
- Evolve Screens Feature Hideous Monsters
- Some PC Gamers Have A Life
- War of the Vikings Launches, Time to Slice, Well, Vikings
Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter (apparently he's the only analyst crazy enough to make these assumptions) prognosticates, sorry, analyzes that global sales of Sony's PlayStation 4 console will reach nearly 38 million by 2017.
"We expect Sony's and Microsoft's new consoles to thrive over the next three years, with cumulative worldwide sales of 37.7 million PS4 and 29 million Xbox One consoles by year-end 2016. We do not expect Nintendo's Wii U to fare as well, with cumulative sales of under 20 million by 2016," says Pachter.
Last month, it was reported that the PS4 sold 2.1 million units worldwide. Microsoft's Xbox One console, on the other hand, sold 2 million, with the Xbox One and Xbox 360 topping sales charts during black Friday in the US.
As far as the PS4 is concerned, it sure has a bright future; that's assuming they finally deliver proper games as promised.
There are other predictions. IHS head of games research Piers Harding-Rolls seems to think that PS4 sales should surpass Xbox One sales within the next 4 years, anticipating that 49 million PS4 will be sold by the end of 2017 and 38 million Xbox Ones.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP