- King's Quest Episode 2 Releases This Fall
- Destiny The Taken King Gameplay Launch Trailer
- FEATURE: Christofer Emgard Introduces Mirror's Edge Exordium
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Conquers Steam Sales Already
- Uncharted 4 Will Release in March 2016
- Final Fantasy XV Will Release in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Releases in February
- Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser Trailer
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Ultron's in the Internet
Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter (apparently he's the only analyst crazy enough to make these assumptions) prognosticates, sorry, analyzes that global sales of Sony's PlayStation 4 console will reach nearly 38 million by 2017.
"We expect Sony's and Microsoft's new consoles to thrive over the next three years, with cumulative worldwide sales of 37.7 million PS4 and 29 million Xbox One consoles by year-end 2016. We do not expect Nintendo's Wii U to fare as well, with cumulative sales of under 20 million by 2016," says Pachter.
Last month, it was reported that the PS4 sold 2.1 million units worldwide. Microsoft's Xbox One console, on the other hand, sold 2 million, with the Xbox One and Xbox 360 topping sales charts during black Friday in the US.
As far as the PS4 is concerned, it sure has a bright future; that's assuming they finally deliver proper games as promised.
There are other predictions. IHS head of games research Piers Harding-Rolls seems to think that PS4 sales should surpass Xbox One sales within the next 4 years, anticipating that 49 million PS4 will be sold by the end of 2017 and 38 million Xbox Ones.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP