- COMIC: The Winning Team
- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
EA is about to shut down GameSpy's hosted services, and with that, 50 games will lose their online features. Most of these games are Wii and DS games, but nearly two dozen are for the PC.
"We know some of these games are still fan favorites, including Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Command & Conquer games," the company said in a statement. "We are still investigating community-supported options to preserve online functionality for these titles, such as multiplayer. Significant technical hurdles remain, and at this time we don't have anything to announce."
All of GameSpy's hosted services will close on May 31st, but EA has said these games will lose their online functionality on June 30th. Visit EA's official page to see a full list of affected games.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP