- FTC Smacks Down on Machinima for Failure to Disclose Endorsements
- Half of the Million Sellers on Steam are in Early Access
- MS Announces New Xbox One Elite Bundle with Lunar Controller
- REVIEW: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution May Get Backwards Compatibility Treatment for Xbox One
- Hideo Kojima Waves Goodbye to Metal Gear Solid
- Jimmy Kimmel vs. Enraged Gamers
- Mornin '15
- Valve Selling All Four Mad Max Movies
- REVIEW: Kyn
- Capcom Introduces Wesker Mode for Resident Evil 0
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate London Horizon Trailer
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Servers Currently Down
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta in October
- Voting Poll: Let's Talk Handheld Platforms
- Anita Sarkeesian Attacks Games That Have Women as Rewards
- Halo 5: Guardians Awesome Opening Cinematic Released
And another one bites the dust. Activision has shut down development studio Radical Entertainment, best known for its Prototype games. Here's an explanation from the publisher (via Kotaku):
"Although we made a substantial investment in the Prototype IP, it did not find a broad commercial audience. Radical is a very talented team of developers, however, we have explored various options for the studio, including a potential sale of the business, and have made a difficult conclusion through the consultation process that the only remaining option is a significant reduction in staff."
"As such, some employees will remain working for Radical Entertainment supporting other existing Activision Publishing projects, but the studio will cease development of its own games going forward."
The folks at Radical have posted their own report on the situation on their official Facebook page, saying: "This morning Radical Entertainment went through a significant reduction in staff. We're very proud of what we achieved with the Prototype franchise, but unfortunately, the Blacklight virus didn't spread as far as it could. For PC gamers, rest assured that the PC version of PROTOTYPE 2 is still going to launch on July 24th as planned. And a special "thanks" to the PROTOTYPE Army and all our extremely loyal and passionate fans for supporting Radical Entertainment. We couldn't have come this far without you."
Sure, Prototype 2 PC is still on track, but all those people will be out of work now, so bugger it all...
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP