- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
- Mornin '16
- Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer Takes on the Bolivian Cartel
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Season Pass Detailed
- Presenting Absolver from Former Ubisoft Devs
- New Poll! Which Multiplayer Shooter Are You Playing?
- Cyberpunk 2077 Not at E3 2016, Or Any Time Soon
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
- PS4 Sells 40 Million Units
- No Man's Sky Not in June?
And another one bites the dust. Activision has shut down development studio Radical Entertainment, best known for its Prototype games. Here's an explanation from the publisher (via Kotaku):
"Although we made a substantial investment in the Prototype IP, it did not find a broad commercial audience. Radical is a very talented team of developers, however, we have explored various options for the studio, including a potential sale of the business, and have made a difficult conclusion through the consultation process that the only remaining option is a significant reduction in staff."
"As such, some employees will remain working for Radical Entertainment supporting other existing Activision Publishing projects, but the studio will cease development of its own games going forward."
The folks at Radical have posted their own report on the situation on their official Facebook page, saying: "This morning Radical Entertainment went through a significant reduction in staff. We're very proud of what we achieved with the Prototype franchise, but unfortunately, the Blacklight virus didn't spread as far as it could. For PC gamers, rest assured that the PC version of PROTOTYPE 2 is still going to launch on July 24th as planned. And a special "thanks" to the PROTOTYPE Army and all our extremely loyal and passionate fans for supporting Radical Entertainment. We couldn't have come this far without you."
Sure, Prototype 2 PC is still on track, but all those people will be out of work now, so bugger it all...
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP