- Kojima's Name Removed from Silent Hill Properties
- April's Games with Gold
- First Bloodborne Patch is Live
- PS4 Content for Batman Arkham Knight Will be Exclusive Until Fall
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Going to 3 More Consoles?
- Batman Arkham Knight Breathes Life Back Into Scarecrow
- Mornin '15
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
And another one bites the dust. Activision has shut down development studio Radical Entertainment, best known for its Prototype games. Here's an explanation from the publisher (via Kotaku):
"Although we made a substantial investment in the Prototype IP, it did not find a broad commercial audience. Radical is a very talented team of developers, however, we have explored various options for the studio, including a potential sale of the business, and have made a difficult conclusion through the consultation process that the only remaining option is a significant reduction in staff."
"As such, some employees will remain working for Radical Entertainment supporting other existing Activision Publishing projects, but the studio will cease development of its own games going forward."
The folks at Radical have posted their own report on the situation on their official Facebook page, saying: "This morning Radical Entertainment went through a significant reduction in staff. We're very proud of what we achieved with the Prototype franchise, but unfortunately, the Blacklight virus didn't spread as far as it could. For PC gamers, rest assured that the PC version of PROTOTYPE 2 is still going to launch on July 24th as planned. And a special "thanks" to the PROTOTYPE Army and all our extremely loyal and passionate fans for supporting Radical Entertainment. We couldn't have come this far without you."
Sure, Prototype 2 PC is still on track, but all those people will be out of work now, so bugger it all...
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP