- Kojima's Name Removed from Silent Hill Properties
- April's Games with Gold
- First Bloodborne Patch is Live
- PS4 Content for Batman Arkham Knight Will be Exclusive Until Fall
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Going to 3 More Consoles?
- Batman Arkham Knight Breathes Life Back Into Scarecrow
- Mornin '15
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
AoE... ah those very letters bring back to so many good memories. Well, this post is certainly not about those awesome memories. It's about Age of Empires Online servers, which have officially shut down yesterday, as confirmed by the devs Robot Entertainment. Creating more content for this game was no longer "cost effective," commented exec producer Kevin Perry back in early 2013.
There's a post on the AoEO blog which reads: "None of this would have been possible, of course, without our friends and partners at Robot Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. They were the architects of the ancient world where we fought and played together. We were ambitious and risky with AOEO in a number of respects; some of these experiments worked, and some did not. As the saying goes, I do think that we ended up among the stars, most of the time. The most thanks, though, belong to you, the players of the game. It has been a pleasure and an honor serving you all. Thank you for the time you have spent with us, exploring all these little worlds together and conquering them for the glory of your Alliance and your Empire. Thank you especially for the times you spent with each other, in PVP matches, in co-op quests, and in the forums and the rest of the internet. Thank you for playing."
When MS announced Age of Empires II HD, we felt there was still hope for the franchise. They released this title in April 2014. Hm, I sure as hope this means we'll a proper AoE PC release. The realm of RTS is definitely not what it used to be.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP