- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
- Mornin '15
- PlayStation Partners with Spotify
- The Devil's Men Screenshots
- PlayStation Vita About to Lose a Few Apps
- Mortal Kombat X Reptile Reveal Trailer
- Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo - An Apartment in Paris
- Ken Levine's Next PC Sci-Fi Game
- PAX South Preview Roundup
AoE... ah those very letters bring back to so many good memories. Well, this post is certainly not about those awesome memories. It's about Age of Empires Online servers, which have officially shut down yesterday, as confirmed by the devs Robot Entertainment. Creating more content for this game was no longer "cost effective," commented exec producer Kevin Perry back in early 2013.
There's a post on the AoEO blog which reads: "None of this would have been possible, of course, without our friends and partners at Robot Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. They were the architects of the ancient world where we fought and played together. We were ambitious and risky with AOEO in a number of respects; some of these experiments worked, and some did not. As the saying goes, I do think that we ended up among the stars, most of the time. The most thanks, though, belong to you, the players of the game. It has been a pleasure and an honor serving you all. Thank you for the time you have spent with us, exploring all these little worlds together and conquering them for the glory of your Alliance and your Empire. Thank you especially for the times you spent with each other, in PVP matches, in co-op quests, and in the forums and the rest of the internet. Thank you for playing."
When MS announced Age of Empires II HD, we felt there was still hope for the franchise. They released this title in April 2014. Hm, I sure as hope this means we'll a proper AoE PC release. The realm of RTS is definitely not what it used to be.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP