- Escape Dead Island Gets Release Date
- Nintendo Details Mario Kart 8 DLC
- Police Called on Game Developer for Nuclear War Maps
- Standalone Kinect has a Price and a Release Date
- GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies to Online Store
- Top Creators Back Latest Tropes vs. Women Video
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Patch 2.1.0 Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Coop Shown, Mostly About Loot
- Mornin '14
- REVIEW: Metro: Redux
- LEGO Batman 3 Release Date
- Amazon Promises Nothing Will Change with Twitch
- PlayStation Network Down Again
- Pokken Tournament Announcement
- Age of Empires: Castle Siege Unveiled
- Sons of Anarchy Game will be Tablet Only
- Diablo 3 Takes UK Charts Again
- Diablo 3 2.1.0 Patch This Friday
Movies that have inspired practically every single popular shooter on the market now await a direct video game adaptation. The spirit of the Alien moveis, particularly James Cameroon's flick Aliens, can be felt in every other modern-day FPS.
This time Sega and Gearbox Software are making Aliens: Colonial Marines. Naturally, it's a squad-based first-person shooter and a take on the mentioned popular movie series. Players are going to experience a story-driven single player campaign, which centers around a team of troops facing an alien assault.
Sega and Gearbox made it clear that the game concatenates on conveying the atmosphere from the films and they promised a tense squad-based FPS experience. Also, a 4-player co-op has been announced, allowing each player to assume a unique role within the squad.
Aliens: Colonial Marines is expected to arrive for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms some time in late 2008.
While this can easily turn into an intense and fun sci-fi shooter if done properly, I have a nagging sensation many gamers are getting a bit tired of the whole squad-based, marines-with-guns-kicking-alien-ass thing.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP