- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
Movies that have inspired practically every single popular shooter on the market now await a direct video game adaptation. The spirit of the Alien moveis, particularly James Cameroon's flick Aliens, can be felt in every other modern-day FPS.
This time Sega and Gearbox Software are making Aliens: Colonial Marines. Naturally, it's a squad-based first-person shooter and a take on the mentioned popular movie series. Players are going to experience a story-driven single player campaign, which centers around a team of troops facing an alien assault.
Sega and Gearbox made it clear that the game concatenates on conveying the atmosphere from the films and they promised a tense squad-based FPS experience. Also, a 4-player co-op has been announced, allowing each player to assume a unique role within the squad.
Aliens: Colonial Marines is expected to arrive for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms some time in late 2008.
While this can easily turn into an intense and fun sci-fi shooter if done properly, I have a nagging sensation many gamers are getting a bit tired of the whole squad-based, marines-with-guns-kicking-alien-ass thing.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP