- REVIEW: Titan Souls Review
- Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer
- Phil Harrison Leaves Xbox
- Star Wars Battlefront Screenshots
- Star Wars Battlefront Info Leaks
- Blizzard Will Patch Out Rift Trials
- Rock Band 4 Will Support Older Peripherals
- Mornin '15
- Star Wars Battlefront Releases in November
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Second Trailer
- Project CARS Has a 'Guaranteed' Release Date
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 'Ghostable'
- Australia Branch of 2K Shutting Down
- Journey Will Release on PS4 in Retail Collection
- The Witcher 3 Has Gone Gold
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Trailer
- Indie Game Corner: 'Samorost 3'
Movies that have inspired practically every single popular shooter on the market now await a direct video game adaptation. The spirit of the Alien moveis, particularly James Cameroon's flick Aliens, can be felt in every other modern-day FPS.
This time Sega and Gearbox Software are making Aliens: Colonial Marines. Naturally, it's a squad-based first-person shooter and a take on the mentioned popular movie series. Players are going to experience a story-driven single player campaign, which centers around a team of troops facing an alien assault.
Sega and Gearbox made it clear that the game concatenates on conveying the atmosphere from the films and they promised a tense squad-based FPS experience. Also, a 4-player co-op has been announced, allowing each player to assume a unique role within the squad.
Aliens: Colonial Marines is expected to arrive for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms some time in late 2008.
While this can easily turn into an intense and fun sci-fi shooter if done properly, I have a nagging sensation many gamers are getting a bit tired of the whole squad-based, marines-with-guns-kicking-alien-ass thing.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP