- Mornin '15
- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
Earlier this week, Alienware said that you can't upgrade their brand of Steam Machines, but hey, they will be producing new models every year. Now the company says they didn't convey the message accurately. You can upgrade their Steam Machines, but it won't be an easy task.
"Enabling customers the opportunity to upgrade components has been a core tenet for Alienware since the company was founded, and that remains true today," Alienware head Frank Azor told Eurogamer.
"The Alienware Steam Machine, announced at CES, is designed to deliver a great gaming experience in the living room and we will enable customers to upgrade components. Considering we've purposefully designed the Alienware Steam Machine to be smaller than the latest generation consoles, upgrading the internal components will not be as easy as compared to other platforms, such as the Alienware X51, but we will not prevent a customer from upgrading."Of course, he reiterated again that users probably don't want to do this, it's better to buy a new machine every year. Maybe it would be easier (and cheaper) to build your own Steam Machine?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP