- Battlefield Hardline Beta Perk for Battlefield 4 Players
- Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons Trailer
- Borderlands 2 Writer Leaving Gearbox
- FEATURE: From Unity to Inquisition to Depleted Desire
- Life is Strange Launch Trailer
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
The future is here and the future is digital! And the future of the PlayStation 4 includes digital downloads!
Shuhei Yoshida of Worldwide Studios told The Guardian that "[The] PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc."
He went on to say that Sony plans for a subscription-based model for game purchases and delivery, not unlike a subscription for TV services.
As more and more services and contents become available digitally, we'll have more of an option to create attractive packages. So hypothetically we can look at different models - like a cable TV company.
We could have gold, silver or platinum levels of membership... We can do subscription services when we have more content - especially now that we have the Gaikai technology available. With one subscription you have access to thousands of games - that's our dream.
Personally, I'll have to see how this would work before I can effectively comment on whether I'm for or against it. What do you think of the digital future for game purchases?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP