- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
- Mornin '15
- Battlefield Hardline UK Wins Over Folk in UK
- Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Trailer
- Dragon Age Inquisition DLC Goes to Other Platforms in May
- Project Cars Will Have Free Car DLC Every Month
- Mortal Kombat X Producer Leaves Twitter Due to Threats Against His Family
- Pillars of Eternity All Over Steam
- Halo 5 Release Date Announced
The future is here and the future is digital! And the future of the PlayStation 4 includes digital downloads!
Shuhei Yoshida of Worldwide Studios told The Guardian that "[The] PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc."
He went on to say that Sony plans for a subscription-based model for game purchases and delivery, not unlike a subscription for TV services.
As more and more services and contents become available digitally, we'll have more of an option to create attractive packages. So hypothetically we can look at different models - like a cable TV company.
We could have gold, silver or platinum levels of membership... We can do subscription services when we have more content - especially now that we have the Gaikai technology available. With one subscription you have access to thousands of games - that's our dream.
Personally, I'll have to see how this would work before I can effectively comment on whether I'm for or against it. What do you think of the digital future for game purchases?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP