- FEATURE: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Could Make or Break the Series for Ubisoft
- Capcom Pulls Ultra Street Fighter IV from Pro Tour
- Official Batman: Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer
- The Witcher 3 PS4 Patched
- Battlefield Hardline's Criminal Activity Gives You A Nailgun
- MS Preparing New Xbox One Controller in June
- Need for Speed Reboot Release Date Leaked
- Mornin '15
- No Cyberpunk 2077 News Until 2017
- Screentendo Turns Your Screen into Super Mario Bros.
- Serious Issues with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4
- Technomancer Screens
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2015
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy DLC Trailer
- Ubisoft Sale at the PlayStation Store
The future is here and the future is digital! And the future of the PlayStation 4 includes digital downloads!
Shuhei Yoshida of Worldwide Studios told The Guardian that "[The] PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc."
He went on to say that Sony plans for a subscription-based model for game purchases and delivery, not unlike a subscription for TV services.
As more and more services and contents become available digitally, we'll have more of an option to create attractive packages. So hypothetically we can look at different models - like a cable TV company.
We could have gold, silver or platinum levels of membership... We can do subscription services when we have more content - especially now that we have the Gaikai technology available. With one subscription you have access to thousands of games - that's our dream.
Personally, I'll have to see how this would work before I can effectively comment on whether I'm for or against it. What do you think of the digital future for game purchases?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP