- COMIC: Geralt's Real-Time Beardness
- Mornin '15
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U Has Been Pushed Out of 2015
- Disney Sets Battlefront in Official Star Wars Timeline
- Hotfix Coming for Bloodborne Progession Bug
- PSN Discount Code Good All Weekend
- New Screenshots from Grand Theft Auto 5 PC
- Lords of the Fallen Developer Offers Kojima a Job
- Keri & Vader Podcasting With SGR
- REVIEW: Pillars of Eternity
Amazon has purchased Double Helix Games, the developer behind the recent Killer Instinct reboot for the Xbox One. Amazon has purchased both the studio's IPs and the talent, so as of now, there will be no layoffs within the studio.
The online retailer provided the following statement to TechCrunch about the purchase:
This comes on the heels of rumors that Amazon wants to manufacture its own Android-based gaming console. It's unknown if the purchase of Double Helix is to develop games for this unannounced and unconfirmed console, or if Amazon wants to officially get into the publishing business for all current gaming platforms.
Amazon has acquired Double Helix as part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP