- REVIEW: Depression Quest
- Assassin's Creed Rogue Screens
- Battlefield Hardline Into The Jungle Trailer
- Destiny Planet View Trailer
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Screenshots
- Beyond: Two Souls Director's Cut for PS4 Spotted
- PlayStation 1.76 Firmware Update Out Today
- Resident Evil HD Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Bloodborne Gets Release Date in Japan
- Borderlands: Pre-Sequel Season Pass Announced
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer
- Metro Redux Tops UK Charts
- Persona 5 Confirmed for PlayStation 4
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Revelations 2
Amazon has purchased Double Helix Games, the developer behind the recent Killer Instinct reboot for the Xbox One. Amazon has purchased both the studio's IPs and the talent, so as of now, there will be no layoffs within the studio.
The online retailer provided the following statement to TechCrunch about the purchase:
This comes on the heels of rumors that Amazon wants to manufacture its own Android-based gaming console. It's unknown if the purchase of Double Helix is to develop games for this unannounced and unconfirmed console, or if Amazon wants to officially get into the publishing business for all current gaming platforms.
Amazon has acquired Double Helix as part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP