- Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer Takes on the Bolivian Cartel
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Season Pass Detailed
- Presenting Absolver from Former Ubisoft Devs
- New Poll! Which Multiplayer Shooter Are You Playing?
- Cyberpunk 2077 Not at E3 2016, Or Any Time Soon
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
- PS4 Sells 40 Million Units
- No Man's Sky Not in June?
- Mornin '16
- FEATURE: Riders of Icarus Hands-on
- Latest Mighty No. 9 Trailer Shows Beck's Dash Ability
- Prey 2 Rumors and Speculation Won't Die
- Xbox Rumor Round-up for E3
- New Vampyr Screens Show Duality of the Doctor
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Launch Trailer - Fast, Action-Packed and Colorful
- Battleborn Now Has Alani, And Will Soon Have Pendles
- FEATURE: Top 4 Funny Moments in Uncharted 4
- Titanfall 2 With Grappling Hook and Larger Maps?
Amazon has purchased Double Helix Games, the developer behind the recent Killer Instinct reboot for the Xbox One. Amazon has purchased both the studio's IPs and the talent, so as of now, there will be no layoffs within the studio.
The online retailer provided the following statement to TechCrunch about the purchase:
This comes on the heels of rumors that Amazon wants to manufacture its own Android-based gaming console. It's unknown if the purchase of Double Helix is to develop games for this unannounced and unconfirmed console, or if Amazon wants to officially get into the publishing business for all current gaming platforms.
Amazon has acquired Double Helix as part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP