- REVIEW: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- 17-Year-Old Swatter Pleads Guilty to 23 Incidents
- Batman: Arkham Knight Characters Unmasked Trailer
- F1 2015 Delayed to July
- Pixels Trailer, Will This Make Geeks Happy?
- Watch the Sony E3 Press Conference at a Movie Theater
- Mornin '15
- Need for Speed Reboot Confirmed for Fall 2015
- CD Projekt Red Responds to Graphical Downgrade Accusations
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 3 - Chaos Theory
- Hellraid Sent Back to Drawing Board
- Keri Has a Problem - Unboxing The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition
- Batman: Arkham Knight Live Action Trailer
- Rockstar Files Suit Against BBC for GTA Drama
Amazon has purchased Double Helix Games, the developer behind the recent Killer Instinct reboot for the Xbox One. Amazon has purchased both the studio's IPs and the talent, so as of now, there will be no layoffs within the studio.
The online retailer provided the following statement to TechCrunch about the purchase:
This comes on the heels of rumors that Amazon wants to manufacture its own Android-based gaming console. It's unknown if the purchase of Double Helix is to develop games for this unannounced and unconfirmed console, or if Amazon wants to officially get into the publishing business for all current gaming platforms.
Amazon has acquired Double Helix as part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP