- Large Dragon Age Inquisition Patch Coming
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Releases This September
- Slow Your Roll; There is No Valve Press Conference at 3p.m.
- Battlefield Hardline Premium Membership Program
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 Officially Announced
- Fallout 4 @ E3 2015?
- Mornin '15
- Bombshell Reveal Trailer
- Skyrim Mods No Longer Have a File Size Limit
- Unreal Engine 4 Free for Everyone
- Dying Light Champion in UK
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Card Game
- HTC Announces Their Own VR Headset
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Countdown Clock Appears
- World Asking for Half-Life 3, Again
- Trine 3 Announced, Trailer Released
Amazon has purchased Double Helix Games, the developer behind the recent Killer Instinct reboot for the Xbox One. Amazon has purchased both the studio's IPs and the talent, so as of now, there will be no layoffs within the studio.
The online retailer provided the following statement to TechCrunch about the purchase:
This comes on the heels of rumors that Amazon wants to manufacture its own Android-based gaming console. It's unknown if the purchase of Double Helix is to develop games for this unannounced and unconfirmed console, or if Amazon wants to officially get into the publishing business for all current gaming platforms.
Amazon has acquired Double Helix as part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP