- The Elder Scrolls Online Dragonstar Arena Trailer
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ratbag Trailer
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announcement Trailer
- Total War: Rome 2 EE Screens
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Confirmed for 2015
- Total War: Rome II - Emperor Edition Announced
- Nintendo Announces the 'New' 3DS
- Bayonetta 2 Release Date Announced for October
- Valve Sued by Aussie Consumer Rights Commission
- Saints Row Reveal Soon?
- Deep Down Very Much in Development, Coop Shown
- Mornin '14
- Lords of the Fallen World Trailer
- EVE Online Developer Closes San Fran Studio
- Assassin's Creed Unity Delayed
- Destiny Now Available for Xbox One Preorder and Predownload
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix Features Trailer
- FEATURE: Top 11 Man-Candy of Gaming
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Launches Tomorrow
- Lindsay Lohan Used GTA Lawsuit as Publicity, Claims Take-Two
Leland Yee, California State Senator, was arrested today for bribery and corruption. You may remember Senator Yee from such legislation as the violent games bill AB-1179, which attempted to ban all sales of "violent" video games to minors. The Supreme Court struck down the bill as violating First Amendment rights.
The FBI raided San Francisco's Chinatown district, which included the detainment of "computers and other documents" from Yee's office in the state capitol.
So how interesting is it that someone who proclaimed so vehemently that video games were damaging to psyches and to "the safety of our community" was arrested for corruption? Maybe it was Yee putting corporate America ahead on his agenda instead of the Supreme Court, as he once claimed when the Court struck down his bill.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP