- Far Cry 4 The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat Trailer
- Hearthstone Reaches 20 Million Players Milestone
- Valve Gets Saints Row Creative Director
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Diary Part 3
- Destiny & The Sims 4 Britishly Triumphant
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Rumored for November 21
- Living in a Wasteland ... 2
- Notch Leaves Mojang After Microsoft Sale
- It's Official: Minecraft Creator Joins Microsoft
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: The Long Arm of Destiny
Michael Fassbender is set to play in the upcoming movie adaptation of the Assassin Creed series, as we've reported back in July. Ubisoft Motion Pictures (the film and television division of Ubisoft) is going to create the Assassin's Creed film in collaboration with New Regency.
According to new press release from Ubisoft, "the project is being fast tracked as the creative pieces come together, while allowing Ubisoft to maintain control of key elements of the movie's creative direction. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed."
"Ubisoft chose to partner with New Regency because they are a talent- and filmmaker-driven company, with the same independent and creative mindset that we have at Ubisoft Motion Pictures," said Jean-Julien Baronnet, chief executive officer, Ubisoft Motion Pictures. "Bringing aboard New Regency's renowned production and distribution expertise while maintaining our own creative and financial flexibility ensures that Assassin's Creed will be a high-quality film that respects the lore and fans of the video game franchise."
"We wanted to do everything we could to secure the rights to Assassin's Creed, which Ubisoft has maintained with such care and quality over the years," said Brad Weston, president and chief executive officer, New Regency. "Having just finished working with Michael on Steve McQueen's 12 Years A Slave (with Plan B) made the partnership even more irresistible."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP