- Star Citizen Keeps Getting More Money from New Backers
- Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition Release at End of October
- Microsoft Shows How HoloLens Gaming Works
- Mornin '15
- Action Trippin' Ballscast #5 - #gamereviewerproblems
- Transformers Devastation Launch Trailer
- Far Cry Primal Announced
- REVIEW: FIFA 16
- Destiny Is Getting Microtransactions
- Star Wars Battlefront PC Requirements
- No Man's Sky on The Late Show
Well this news has completely sucked the wind out of my sails. Ubisoft has confirmed that Assassin's Creed Unity will indeed have microtransactions to allow players to unlock content earlier and therefore progress through the game more quickly.
"If we think it fits the gameplay, or the brand itself, the core values, we're willing to take those risks," senior producer Vincent Pontibrand told OXM. "We're not going to make any compromises."
I honestly do not want to have a knee jerk overreaction to this news, and my pragmatic side tells me to take a deep breath and wait until the game releases and see how they are used before getting angry. If the microtransactions are set up in a way that will still be fair to others, such as continuing to play will unlock the content eventually, then I will just roll my eyes and huff in disgust. But if the microtransactions provide content you can only get by paying extra for, then there will be outrage of coffee table-flipping proportions.
Either way, I don't like seeing the trend of microtransactions becoming more and more commonplace. I've made my peace with DLC for the most part, but I'm not sure I'll ever fully come to terms with microtransactions.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP