- FEATURE: Austin Wintory Interview
- FEATURE: Star Wars Battlefront Hands-on
- Just Cause 3 On a Mission Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will be Bigger Than the Witcher 3
- PlayStation 4 US Price Drops
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass Detailed
- Voice Actors Are Authorized to Go On Strike
- A Fresh Touch of Electronic Reminiscence
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads for PC Gamers
- Umbrella Corps Gameplay Trailer
- Next Street Fighter V Beta in October
- What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.? Intelligence Video
- Star Citizen Keeps Getting More Money from New Backers
- Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition Release at End of October
- Microsoft Shows How HoloLens Gaming Works
EA CFO Eric Brown announced at the Baird Technology Conference in San Francisco that the recently released shooter Battlefield 3 sold 8 million units and shipped 12 million. Also, 5 million of those were sold during the first week on sale and 10 million had were shipped.
Hm, interesting. Just for comparison, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 marked $400 million in sales and shifted over 6.5 million units in the US and UK during in the first 24h (holy tit!)
Um, anyhow, Vince was supposed to review that one a while back, but instead he got sidetracked. Apparently, someone forced him to enter the Star Wars: TOR beta and he had to play that. If he refused, his organs would be removed and sold via eBay... Liver should fetch a good price too.
So, as you can see, shooters are very much all-the-rage as they have been in the last 3,000 years.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP