- Kojima's Name Removed from Silent Hill Properties
- April's Games with Gold
- First Bloodborne Patch is Live
- PS4 Content for Batman Arkham Knight Will be Exclusive Until Fall
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Going to 3 More Consoles?
- Batman Arkham Knight Breathes Life Back Into Scarecrow
- Mornin '15
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
EDIT: Ken Levine has denied the claim that BioShock: Infinite had a $100 million development budget. If we find more details on the matter, we'll address them ASAP.
Irrational Games is betting the big bucks on BioShock: Infinite.
According to analysts cited by NY Times, BioShock: Infinite has had $200 million poured into it, half of that for development and the other half for marketing. As unbelievable of a number as that is, Creative Director Ken Levine feels it is necessary given the current climat the gaming industry's current climate. He stated to NY Times:
it's getting harder to ask someone to spend $60 on something that's merely a good effort.
He went on to explain how games have to stand-out in order to succeed, and that's not easy when you consider how many developers battle for that small space of attention.
Making something that substantiates itself requires both fantastic visuals and good design, both of which aren't cheap. BioShock strung the right notes and was able to not only win several Game of the Year awards, but sell over four-million units. Ken Levine, the Irrational Games team, and investors know that BioShock: Infinite has the potential to do the same. It's now late into the current generation so consoles have a remarkably large install base making even more impressive numbers feasible.
BioShock: Infinite looks great, but will it be enough to earn its investment back? We'll know soon enough as its release date is next Tuesday.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP