- Broforce Leaving Early Access for a Real Release
- Game of Thrones Composer is Rise of the Tomb Raider Maestro
- Capcom Confirms Laura Matsuda in SFV at Brazil Game Show
- FIFA 16 Still Tops Nordic Games Chart
- Fallout 4 PC Specs and Console Requirements
- Destiny Update - Shotguns Nerfed, Xur's New Offerings
- Mornin '15
- FEATURE: Austin Wintory Interview
- FEATURE: Star Wars Battlefront Hands-on
- Just Cause 3 On a Mission Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will be Bigger Than the Witcher 3
- PlayStation 4 US Price Drops
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass Detailed
- Voice Actors Are Authorized to Go On Strike
EDIT: Ken Levine has denied the claim that BioShock: Infinite had a $100 million development budget. If we find more details on the matter, we'll address them ASAP.
Irrational Games is betting the big bucks on BioShock: Infinite.
According to analysts cited by NY Times, BioShock: Infinite has had $200 million poured into it, half of that for development and the other half for marketing. As unbelievable of a number as that is, Creative Director Ken Levine feels it is necessary given the current climat the gaming industry's current climate. He stated to NY Times:
it's getting harder to ask someone to spend $60 on something that's merely a good effort.
He went on to explain how games have to stand-out in order to succeed, and that's not easy when you consider how many developers battle for that small space of attention.
Making something that substantiates itself requires both fantastic visuals and good design, both of which aren't cheap. BioShock strung the right notes and was able to not only win several Game of the Year awards, but sell over four-million units. Ken Levine, the Irrational Games team, and investors know that BioShock: Infinite has the potential to do the same. It's now late into the current generation so consoles have a remarkably large install base making even more impressive numbers feasible.
BioShock: Infinite looks great, but will it be enough to earn its investment back? We'll know soon enough as its release date is next Tuesday.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP