- Xbox Live Marketplace Update: May 21st, 2013
- Metro: Last Light Gets 4 DLC Packs Planned, Season Pass Available
- Ryse Confirmed as Xbox One Exclusive
- Battlefield 4 Will Be Available this Holiday for Next-Gen
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One Media
- Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Screens & Trailer
- Xbox One Specs
- Mornin '13
- No Backwards Compatibility with Xbox One
- Xbox One Does NOT Have to Always Be Online
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Shown On Xbox One, Timed-Exclusive DLC
- Halo TV Series Announced
- Watch Live TV with Xbox One [Updated]
- Microsoft Announces Its Next Console: Xbox One
- REVIEW: Metro: Last Light
- Peter Molyneux's Godus Going Mobile
Didn't see that one coming, now did ya? That's correct, BioWare co-founders and bosses Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka made, what they call, a difficult decision to retire from their development studio and from game development altogether.
"This has been an incredibly difficult decision to make; after thinking about it for many months, I made the decision to retire from videogames back in early April 2012," Muzyka commented in his blog post.
Meanwhile, Zeschuk said: "After nearly twenty years working at BioWare I've decided it's time to move on and pursue something new."
"This decision isn't without significant pain and regret, but it's also something I know I need to do, for myself and my family. I've reached an unexpected point in my life where I no longer have the passion that I once did for the company, for the games, and for the challenge of creation," added Zeschuk.
Hm, this maybe the right decision indeed. It's not like they've pushed the envelope with some of their games lately and they definitely managed to screw up one of their franchises entirely (Dragon Age).
At the same time, however, we do respect and acknowledge what both of these guys have brought to the industry. Certain titles that came from BioWare remain some of the most cherished gaming memories we have; not the least of which are Baldur's Gate, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect. For that, we will surely miss you guys.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP