- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
Didn't see that one coming, now did ya? That's correct, BioWare co-founders and bosses Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka made, what they call, a difficult decision to retire from their development studio and from game development altogether.
"This has been an incredibly difficult decision to make; after thinking about it for many months, I made the decision to retire from videogames back in early April 2012," Muzyka commented in his blog post.
Meanwhile, Zeschuk said: "After nearly twenty years working at BioWare I've decided it's time to move on and pursue something new."
"This decision isn't without significant pain and regret, but it's also something I know I need to do, for myself and my family. I've reached an unexpected point in my life where I no longer have the passion that I once did for the company, for the games, and for the challenge of creation," added Zeschuk.
Hm, this maybe the right decision indeed. It's not like they've pushed the envelope with some of their games lately and they definitely managed to screw up one of their franchises entirely (Dragon Age).
At the same time, however, we do respect and acknowledge what both of these guys have brought to the industry. Certain titles that came from BioWare remain some of the most cherished gaming memories we have; not the least of which are Baldur's Gate, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect. For that, we will surely miss you guys.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP