- REVIEW: Metro: Redux
- LEGO Batman 3 Release Date
- Amazon Promises Nothing Will Change with Twitch
- PlayStation Network Down Again
- Pokken Tournament Announcement
- Age of Empires: Castle Siege Unveiled
- Sons of Anarchy Game will be Tablet Only
- Diablo 3 Takes UK Charts Again
- Diablo 3 2.1.0 Patch This Friday
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity Under the Hood Trailer
- Microsoft Also Suffering Connectivity Issues
- Amazon Buying Twitch for Over $1 Billion
- Borderlands 2 GotY Best-Selling Game on Steam... Yet Again
- Sony Postpones PSN Maintenance Due to DDOS Attack over Weekend
- Titan Souls in Q1 2015, New Media Arrives
- Super Smash Bros. Roster Leak
- REVIEW: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition
- Sega Announces Yakuza Zero
Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare, finally gives in, following a largely negative response the company received from its fanbase worldwide. He claims that he's very proud of what the development studio has achieved and considers Mass Effect 3 as their best work to date, albeit he stresses that the team is prepared to acknowledge what the fans are saying regarding the game's endings. Well, mostly that they are unhappy with it.
The official statement from Muzyka indicates that they might, in fact, alter the game's ending to please fans who were disappointed (or even devastated in a lot of cases):
Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.
The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we're planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I'm proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.
I'd really be surprised and speechless, if I saw BioWare actually going back to Mass Effect 3 and somehow changing the game's current endings. Well, they might decide to add a few additional endings, just to please fans... But who knows.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP