- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
Also, it's worth noting that the box office record set for feature films in 2009 by "Avatar" was $1 billion in 17 days.
"The release of Call of Duty has been one of the most significant entertainment events of each of the last six years," said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. "Since Call of Duty was launched, cumulative franchise revenues from players around the world are greater than current worldwide box office receipts to date for the top-10 grossing films of 2012 combined. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for 'Harry Potter' and 'Star Wars,' the two most successful movie franchises of all time."
Since the game's launch, more than 150 million hours have been logged online playing Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.
I think they should launch three Call of Duty games next year. And then they should increase that number, until we finally enter an age where one Call of Duty game launches every month... Nay, make that every day. Wouldn't that be a spectacular world to live in?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP