- Steam Christmas Sales - Day 2
- FEATURE: Assassin's Creed Unity OST Review
- Larian Working on New RPG With Divinity Engine
- Far Cry 4 DLC in January
- Star Citizen Dev Salutes Elite: Dangerous Dev
- Minecraft Creator Buys A House
- Mornin '14
- Steam Christmas Sales Kick Off, Here's the First Batch
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Now Has Daily Challenges
- Square Enix Showcases 14 Playable Characters for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- Play Info Quest II, A Mojang Game Series
- Evolve Open Beta will be Xbox One Exclusive
- Telltale's Next Episodic Game is Based Upon Minecraft
- REVIEW: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Customization Items Trailer
- Bloodborne - Brand New Screenshots
In case you didn't think that the Candy Crush Saga publisher trademarking the word "candy" wasn't ludicrous enough, now the company, King.com, is going after another studio for using the word "saga" in their game title. Is this game like Candy Crush Saga? Does it use candy in a saga-like manner? No, the game is The Banner Saga by Stoic, and it has absolutely nothing to do with candy.
Kotaku has reported that King.com filed a Notice of Opposition just before the start of 2014 against Stoic, claiming that the studio can't trademark their title because King.com has 13 other trademarks that use the word "saga." And King.com's games are the only games in the world that have "saga" in their title? Really?
King.com even goes as far as to say that the “Applicant’s THE BANNER SAGA mark is confusingly and deceptively similar to Opposer’s previously used SAGA Marks" in their Notice. Wait, what? Are they going to attack every publisher who uses "saga" in their game titles? I know Candy Crush Saga for whatever reason is insanely popular, but do they really have the cash to take on everyone?
At the very least, King.com has said they don't want Stoic's money, they just want Stoic to change the name of their game. Please, please may this suit get thrown out and their application to trademark the word "candy" get denied.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP