- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Inquisitive Xenomorph
In the wake of Yoshinori Ono announcing that he is leaving Capcom Vancouver, Capcom itself has announced that it is now open to a buyout if a company can buy a large enough share of the company's stock.
Capcom instituted a "takeover defense" in 2008 that would prevent anyone from acquiring the company through a hostile takeover, meaning directly through the shareholders. Capcom's shareholders have decided to not renew this defense, so it is possible for a company to take over the company through this means.
Many have taken to the Internet to beg Nintendo to pick up Capcom, while others speculate Microsoft will do so. I sincerely doubt either would be interested, but buying Capcom would be a potentially smart move for Big N.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP