- FEATURE: Gaming and Parenting, Cuz We Can Manage Both
- Mornin '15
- Xbox Games with Gold for June 2015
- Uncharted 4 Expected to Release Q1 2016
- Women's Soccer Teams Join FIFA 16
- FEATURE: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Could Make or Break the Series for Ubisoft
- Capcom Pulls Ultra Street Fighter IV from Pro Tour
- Official Batman: Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer
- The Witcher 3 PS4 Patched
- Battlefield Hardline's Criminal Activity Gives You A Nailgun
- MS Preparing New Xbox One Controller in June
- Need for Speed Reboot Release Date Leaked
In the wake of Yoshinori Ono announcing that he is leaving Capcom Vancouver, Capcom itself has announced that it is now open to a buyout if a company can buy a large enough share of the company's stock.
Capcom instituted a "takeover defense" in 2008 that would prevent anyone from acquiring the company through a hostile takeover, meaning directly through the shareholders. Capcom's shareholders have decided to not renew this defense, so it is possible for a company to take over the company through this means.
Many have taken to the Internet to beg Nintendo to pick up Capcom, while others speculate Microsoft will do so. I sincerely doubt either would be interested, but buying Capcom would be a potentially smart move for Big N.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP