- Square Enix Reveals Gamescom Line-up, No Deus Ex
- Mornin '14
- The Sims 4 New Emotions Trailer
- Destiny Beta Played by 4.6 Million Players
- Homefront Saved, Bought by Deep Silver
- Elite Dangerous Beta Now Cheaper
- Neverwinter Announced for Xbox One
- Pillars of Eternity Gameplay & Dev. Commentary
- Ninja Theory to Announce New IP
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Shows Combat in Detail
- Call of Duty: Kevin Spacey
In the wake of Yoshinori Ono announcing that he is leaving Capcom Vancouver, Capcom itself has announced that it is now open to a buyout if a company can buy a large enough share of the company's stock.
Capcom instituted a "takeover defense" in 2008 that would prevent anyone from acquiring the company through a hostile takeover, meaning directly through the shareholders. Capcom's shareholders have decided to not renew this defense, so it is possible for a company to take over the company through this means.
Many have taken to the Internet to beg Nintendo to pick up Capcom, while others speculate Microsoft will do so. I sincerely doubt either would be interested, but buying Capcom would be a potentially smart move for Big N.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP