- Warlords of Draenor Expansion Won't Require Hardware Upgrade
- Bungie Fires Composer Martin O'Donnell
- Sony Sells Off All Holdings in Square Enix Stock
- Evolve Screens Feature Hideous Monsters
- Some PC Gamers Have A Life
- War of the Vikings Launches, Time to Slice, Well, Vikings
- The Pessimism Goat
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 Artwork Teased
- Swedish Politicians Duke it Out in StarCraft II Tournament
- Dark Souls 2 for PC Reportedly Delayed a Week
Take-Two revealed that they are creating a MMOG, utilizing the Civilization setting. With a working title Civilization Online, the game is meant to target Asian markets specifically and, according to the publisher, there's a crew of 100 people at XL Games (South Korea) devoted to the project. Evidently, Firaxis Games is also going to advise during the development process.
"2K is committed to supporting the growing Asian market by bringing our best IP and strongest franchises to the most popular online platforms in each territory," said David Ismailer, chief operating officer of Take-Two label 2K Games.
"Civilization Online is an example of how 2K can leverage its successful franchises, beyond sports, to create entirely new experiences in genres that resonate with customers in this region."
By the way, Civilization franchise has sold over 11 million units worldwide.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP