- FTC Smacks Down on Machinima for Failure to Disclose Endorsements
- Half of the Million Sellers on Steam are in Early Access
- MS Announces New Xbox One Elite Bundle with Lunar Controller
- REVIEW: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution May Get Backwards Compatibility Treatment for Xbox One
- Hideo Kojima Waves Goodbye to Metal Gear Solid
- Jimmy Kimmel vs. Enraged Gamers
- Mornin '15
- Valve Selling All Four Mad Max Movies
- REVIEW: Kyn
- Capcom Introduces Wesker Mode for Resident Evil 0
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate London Horizon Trailer
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Servers Currently Down
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta in October
- Voting Poll: Let's Talk Handheld Platforms
- Anita Sarkeesian Attacks Games That Have Women as Rewards
- Halo 5: Guardians Awesome Opening Cinematic Released
As if this world wasn't crazy enough, we get more idiots roaming the planet and doing this sort of thing. An enraged gamer has done a rather moronic thing, having lost in a match in the popular multiplayer shooter Call of Duty. Bitter in defeat, the player made a prank phone call, which caused the SWAT team to burst into the home of the opposing player, Castillo. Yeah, you may have already heard of this, it's called Swatting.
Apparently, he said that the opposing player shot his mother and brother and was threatening to do more killing. The SWAT team weren't the only ones at the scene. Police helicopters, spec ops and other emergency response units were sent to the scene.
"I right away had an idea what it was, because I've seen [similar pranks] on the news," Castillo explains to NYP. "It was probably just an evil little kid," added a police officer at the scene.
"We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there. "It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems. It turned out to be a hoax."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP