- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
As if this world wasn't crazy enough, we get more idiots roaming the planet and doing this sort of thing. An enraged gamer has done a rather moronic thing, having lost in a match in the popular multiplayer shooter Call of Duty. Bitter in defeat, the player made a prank phone call, which caused the SWAT team to burst into the home of the opposing player, Castillo. Yeah, you may have already heard of this, it's called Swatting.
Apparently, he said that the opposing player shot his mother and brother and was threatening to do more killing. The SWAT team weren't the only ones at the scene. Police helicopters, spec ops and other emergency response units were sent to the scene.
"I right away had an idea what it was, because I've seen [similar pranks] on the news," Castillo explains to NYP. "It was probably just an evil little kid," added a police officer at the scene.
"We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there. "It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems. It turned out to be a hoax."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP