- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies to be Revealed at SDCC
- Preorder Fallout 4 on the Xbox Store, Get Fallout 3 Free
- Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty to Racketeering and Gun Running
- Steam Hardware Preorders Already Sold Out
- Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Leaked
- Mornin '15
- PlayStation Plus Lineup for July Announced
- Star Citizen's Most Expensive Ship to Date Announced
- Sources Claim that Warner Bros. Knew of Arkham Knight's PC Problems for Months
- Expansion for Cities: Skylines Will be Revealed at Gamescom
- Australia Has Banned More Games in the Last 4 Months than Last 10 Years
- FEATURE: Top E3 2015 Games by ActionTrip Reckoning
As if this world wasn't crazy enough, we get more idiots roaming the planet and doing this sort of thing. An enraged gamer has done a rather moronic thing, having lost in a match in the popular multiplayer shooter Call of Duty. Bitter in defeat, the player made a prank phone call, which caused the SWAT team to burst into the home of the opposing player, Castillo. Yeah, you may have already heard of this, it's called Swatting.
Apparently, he said that the opposing player shot his mother and brother and was threatening to do more killing. The SWAT team weren't the only ones at the scene. Police helicopters, spec ops and other emergency response units were sent to the scene.
"I right away had an idea what it was, because I've seen [similar pranks] on the news," Castillo explains to NYP. "It was probably just an evil little kid," added a police officer at the scene.
"We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there. "It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems. It turned out to be a hoax."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP