- REVIEW: Skylanders Trap Team
- Ubisoft Wants 'Endless Gameplay' for The Division
- The Witcher 3 Opening Cinematic
- Assassin's Creed Unity Now Available to Pre-Download on Xbox One
- Possible Halo 5 Release Date Leaked
- 'M' Rating on Dragon Age Because of Implied Fellatio
- Assassin's Creed Unity System Requirements
- Mornin '14
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Unveiled
- Assassin's Creed Unity Open World Trailer
- 3D Realms is Back with 3D Realms Anthology
- Free Version of Xbox Music Getting Cut
- Xbox One Snapshot Feature in 2015
- Movie Time - Avengers: Age of Ultron Debut Trailer
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Intro Teaser
- Titanfall Update to Add...Co-op
Did you know that Crytek thinks grahics matter?
Crytek's CEO, Cevat Yerli, seems to think that graphics matter, so much that he said to X360 Magazine that it's 60% of the Crysis 3 experience. He said
People say that graphics don’t matter, but play Crysis and tell me they don’t matter. It’s always been about graphics driving gameplay. In Crysis 3 it’s the grass and the vegetation, the way the physics runs the grass interact and sways them in the wind. The better the graphics, the better the physics, the better the sound design, the better the technical assets and production values are—paired with the art direction, making things look spectacular and stylistic is 60 percent of the game.
Some games, such as Crysis 3 and BioShock: Infinite, rely on their superb visual presentation to immerse the player. The feeling of being lost in the game's world is something that requires great execution in regard to how the game looks and feels for the player.
Graphics don't make the game, though. The other 40% of what Yerli doesn't explain is the gameplay, and for most games that number is far more significant. Who would want to play a game like StarCraft II, Dota 2, or World of Warcraft if it were a clunky mess? Honestly, a game with great gameplay can overcome its poor graphics, but the opposite rarely holds true. In other words, if you're going to develop a game make absolutely sure the gameplay is polished before anything else.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP