- Steam Christmas Sales Kick Off, Here's the First Batch
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Now Has Daily Challenges
- Square Enix Showcases 14 Playable Characters for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- Play Info Quest II, A Mojang Game Series
- Evolve Open Beta will be Xbox One Exclusive
- Telltale's Next Episodic Game is Based Upon Minecraft
- REVIEW: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Customization Items Trailer
- Bloodborne - Brand New Screenshots
- Mornin '14
- ET Cartridge from Landfill Ends up in Smithsonian Exhibit
- Activision Announces Two New Skylanders for Trap Team
- Interactive Dying Light Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Unity Patch is a Whopping 40GB on Xbox One
- Dragon Age Inquisition Free And Not Free DLC
- EA Confirms Anita Sarkeesian Not Working on Mirror's Edge 2
- Shadow of Mordor Story DLC Now Out
- Life is Strange Trailer
- Gabe Newell Brings Back Hatred, Apologizes
For me personally, I was nigh devastated that the Darksiders IP was not picked up during the THQ assets auction earlier this year. As a result, Vigil had to close, and it looked like we'll never see a continuation of the story of the Four Horsemen.
Crytek swooped in and hired most of the Vigil staff to form Crytek USA, and now, the current CEO of Crytek USA would like to get the rights to Darksiders back. It doesn't even matter to him if Crytek doesn't want to move forward with the series.
"Going to bid on Darksiders IP," David Adams tweeted. "Put 7 years of heart and soul into that franchise, and I think it belongs at home with its creators."
Vigil co-founder Ryan Stefanelli further backed up Adams, telling Destructoid, "When the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we're all excited at the prospect."
The Darksiders IP will be back up for sale on April 1st (and no, this is not a joke). Even if nothing happens with the series, I'm happy enough knowing that it could back in the hands of its creators, where it will at least be loved and cared for.
Of course, I'll still hope for a Darksiders III!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP