- Battlefield Hardline Beta Perk for Battlefield 4 Players
- Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons Trailer
- Borderlands 2 Writer Leaving Gearbox
- FEATURE: From Unity to Inquisition to Depleted Desire
- Life is Strange Launch Trailer
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
For me personally, I was nigh devastated that the Darksiders IP was not picked up during the THQ assets auction earlier this year. As a result, Vigil had to close, and it looked like we'll never see a continuation of the story of the Four Horsemen.
Crytek swooped in and hired most of the Vigil staff to form Crytek USA, and now, the current CEO of Crytek USA would like to get the rights to Darksiders back. It doesn't even matter to him if Crytek doesn't want to move forward with the series.
"Going to bid on Darksiders IP," David Adams tweeted. "Put 7 years of heart and soul into that franchise, and I think it belongs at home with its creators."
Vigil co-founder Ryan Stefanelli further backed up Adams, telling Destructoid, "When the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we're all excited at the prospect."
The Darksiders IP will be back up for sale on April 1st (and no, this is not a joke). Even if nothing happens with the series, I'm happy enough knowing that it could back in the hands of its creators, where it will at least be loved and cared for.
Of course, I'll still hope for a Darksiders III!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP