- Call of Duty: Infinite War Screens Show More New Stuff
- Mornin '16
- FEATURE: Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Hand-on
- RUMOR: The Last Guardian and Gran Turismo Sport Releasing This Year
- Stardew Valley Developer Farms Out Co-Op Feature
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3 Announcement Tomorow?
- Mighty No. 9 Has Gone Gold
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Officially Announced for November
- Dark Souls 3 Players Getting Banned for Using Hacked Items
- Microsoft Closes Lionhead Studios
- Dark Souls 3 and Rocket League - PC Gamers' Favorites
For me personally, I was nigh devastated that the Darksiders IP was not picked up during the THQ assets auction earlier this year. As a result, Vigil had to close, and it looked like we'll never see a continuation of the story of the Four Horsemen.
Crytek swooped in and hired most of the Vigil staff to form Crytek USA, and now, the current CEO of Crytek USA would like to get the rights to Darksiders back. It doesn't even matter to him if Crytek doesn't want to move forward with the series.
"Going to bid on Darksiders IP," David Adams tweeted. "Put 7 years of heart and soul into that franchise, and I think it belongs at home with its creators."
Vigil co-founder Ryan Stefanelli further backed up Adams, telling Destructoid, "When the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we're all excited at the prospect."
The Darksiders IP will be back up for sale on April 1st (and no, this is not a joke). Even if nothing happens with the series, I'm happy enough knowing that it could back in the hands of its creators, where it will at least be loved and cared for.
Of course, I'll still hope for a Darksiders III!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP