- Bombshell Reveal Trailer
- Skyrim Mods No Longer Have a File Size Limit
- Unreal Engine 4 Free for Everyone
- Dying Light Champion in UK
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Card Game
- HTC Announces Their Own VR Headset
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Countdown Clock Appears
- World Asking for Half-Life 3, Again
- Trine 3 Announced, Trailer Released
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: In A Flash 1886
It appears that CVG (Computer And Video Games) is in a jam and will have to operate with severely reduced staff. The CVG staff, which spans across U.K., U.S. and Australia is mostly likely going to be reduced to a mere three members. According to the report, parent company Future will probably be reviewing the publication's future during December.
Sometime last month Future noted a £30.6 million ($50.4M) loss and had plans to pull the shades down on CVG, but it was saved thanks to strong industry support, after which several brands approached Future to buy CVG. Massive layoffs were expected at Future. There are approximately 900 employees and that denotes other game publications like Official Nintendo, Official Xbox, Official PlayStation, Edge and Gamesmaster.
If CVG goes down, that would suck balls tremendously. It's been my favorite gaming publication back when I was buying CVG's print mag, and its current online form is still one of my top sources for gaming news.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP