- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
True RPG? I don't even know what that is any more. There used to be a time when I could just name a few awesome RPGs and there were a lot of them, in fact. These days, I'm happy to get any RPGs at all. The RPG scene may seem dead at the moment, but there are a number of top studios out there working to enliven the genre. You may have noticed that games are steering towards more casual, action-oriented, movie-like experiences. Not to seem like an old fuddy duddy here, but the gaming scene really lacks honest-to-God RPGs.
The folks at CD Projekt are working hard to change that. Apart from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, they also have Cyberpunk 2077 on the way, which they are describing as a true RPG.
"People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game," said Marcin Iwinski co-founder of CD Projekt Red. "We are known for storytelling, and big game worlds, and so we're taking all what we've learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077."
This is one of those games we are hoping to be awesome, but we still are left with precious little evidence of what it looks like and that's fine. The best things take a long time to make and I'd rather wait patiently for them to be 100% confident in their product than to have them rush this just to make the market on time.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP