- FEATURE: Top 4 Funny Moments in Uncharted 4
- Titanfall 2 With Grappling Hook and Larger Maps?
- Mornin '16
- Valve Sued by Former Employee for Transgender Discrimination
- REVIEW: Lumo
- The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine Final Quest Trailer
- Activision Announces Skylanders Collectible Card Game
- Rocket League Becomes First Xbox One/PC Cross-platform Game
- New Battleborn Update in Time for Overwatch
- Overwatch Launches, GeForce Drivers Released
- Uncharted 4 Sells 2.7 Million
- The Division Gets Major Bug Fixed
- FEATURE: 8 Game of Thrones Characters That Would Make Amazing Video Games
True RPG? I don't even know what that is any more. There used to be a time when I could just name a few awesome RPGs and there were a lot of them, in fact. These days, I'm happy to get any RPGs at all. The RPG scene may seem dead at the moment, but there are a number of top studios out there working to enliven the genre. You may have noticed that games are steering towards more casual, action-oriented, movie-like experiences. Not to seem like an old fuddy duddy here, but the gaming scene really lacks honest-to-God RPGs.
The folks at CD Projekt are working hard to change that. Apart from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, they also have Cyberpunk 2077 on the way, which they are describing as a true RPG.
"People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game," said Marcin Iwinski co-founder of CD Projekt Red. "We are known for storytelling, and big game worlds, and so we're taking all what we've learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077."
This is one of those games we are hoping to be awesome, but we still are left with precious little evidence of what it looks like and that's fine. The best things take a long time to make and I'd rather wait patiently for them to be 100% confident in their product than to have them rush this just to make the market on time.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP