- REVIEW: LEGO Jurassic World
- Batman: Arkham Knight Glides to the Top of the Nordic Charts
- Nintendo Play Station Prototype Found
- Fallout Shelter will Hit Android Next Month
- Batgirl DLC for Batman: Arkham Knight Will Release July 14th
- REVIEW: Batman Arkham Knight
- Mornin '15
- Nintendo Responds to E3 Criticizing Feedback
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies to be Revealed at SDCC
- Preorder Fallout 4 on the Xbox Store, Get Fallout 3 Free
- Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty to Racketeering and Gun Running
- Steam Hardware Preorders Already Sold Out
- Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Leaked
Activision and Bungie announced that quite a fucking lot of gamers have jumped into the beta test for their MMO shooter Destiny. The Destiny Beta initially kicked off on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on July 17 and ended this Sunday evening, and according to the team behind it, 4,638,937 unique players were participating.
“This is the biggest beta of this console generation by a wide margin and the largest console beta ever for a new video game IP to date,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Hosting a beta at this scale is an incredible feat, so we’re thrilled to see the phenomenal response. But the beta is just a taste of what’s to come. We’re counting down the days to our launch day, September 9th.”
“We were totally blown away by the number of people who played the beta,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “We surpassed even our own goals and the feedback was invaluable. We cannot thank the community enough, the response was humbling and in the weeks ahead we’ll be working hard to ensure that Destiny lives up to the expectations at launch.”
That's a lot of people... a lot. And remember, Activision poured $500 million into this project.
Check out our impressions of the Destiny Beta.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP