- Rock Band 4 'On-Disc' Set-List Revealed
- Fallout 4 Reportedly Has Over 400 Hours of Content
- Raw Fury Presents Gameplay Trailer for Indie Game Kingdom
- Final Fantasy XII Remake is Not Happening (Supposedly)
- Rocket League Holds as Top Seller on Steam
- The Spanish Ninja Returns to Street Fighter V
- Buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Get the Entire Gears Collection
- Lego Jurassic World Tops UK Sales Chart
- Konami Reportedly Mistreats Staff
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Wedding Preparations
Activision and Bungie announced that quite a fucking lot of gamers have jumped into the beta test for their MMO shooter Destiny. The Destiny Beta initially kicked off on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on July 17 and ended this Sunday evening, and according to the team behind it, 4,638,937 unique players were participating.
“This is the biggest beta of this console generation by a wide margin and the largest console beta ever for a new video game IP to date,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Hosting a beta at this scale is an incredible feat, so we’re thrilled to see the phenomenal response. But the beta is just a taste of what’s to come. We’re counting down the days to our launch day, September 9th.”
“We were totally blown away by the number of people who played the beta,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “We surpassed even our own goals and the feedback was invaluable. We cannot thank the community enough, the response was humbling and in the weeks ahead we’ll be working hard to ensure that Destiny lives up to the expectations at launch.”
That's a lot of people... a lot. And remember, Activision poured $500 million into this project.
Check out our impressions of the Destiny Beta.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP