- The Witcher 3 Monsters Trailer
- Wal-Mart Outs Portal and Jurassic Park for LEGO Dimensions
- Konami Teases Metal Gear Solid: The 1984 Collection
- Introducing GoatZ DLC for Goat Simulator
- Portal-themed Pinball Table Announced
- PS4 Sales in UK Reach 2M
- Star Wars: Battlefront Has 12 Multiplayer Maps
- Mornin '15
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Trailer
- Valve Will Let Developers Ban Players
- Batgirl Will be Part of Arkham Knight Season Pass
- Mortal Kombat X Official Jason Trailer
- GTAV Modders Reportedly Getting Banned for Single-Player Mods
- FEATURE: 5 Indie Games You Should Play Right Now
- Assassin's Creed Movie Starts Filming This September
Activision and Bungie announced that quite a fucking lot of gamers have jumped into the beta test for their MMO shooter Destiny. The Destiny Beta initially kicked off on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on July 17 and ended this Sunday evening, and according to the team behind it, 4,638,937 unique players were participating.
“This is the biggest beta of this console generation by a wide margin and the largest console beta ever for a new video game IP to date,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Hosting a beta at this scale is an incredible feat, so we’re thrilled to see the phenomenal response. But the beta is just a taste of what’s to come. We’re counting down the days to our launch day, September 9th.”
“We were totally blown away by the number of people who played the beta,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “We surpassed even our own goals and the feedback was invaluable. We cannot thank the community enough, the response was humbling and in the weeks ahead we’ll be working hard to ensure that Destiny lives up to the expectations at launch.”
That's a lot of people... a lot. And remember, Activision poured $500 million into this project.
Check out our impressions of the Destiny Beta.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP