- Uncharted Movie Expected in 2016
- Developer Says The Order: 1886 Only Possible on PS4
- Lords of the Fallen Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Boss Key Productions Hires Former Staff of Neversoft, Irrational
- Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free Today on Origin
- Going to Comic Con? You Might Get to Play Super Smash Bros.
- FEATURE: Burden of BioWare - Pandering to the Masses
- Sony Announces PlayStation PLAY Summer Program
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Release Date Revealed
- Lords of the Fallen
Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin\'s Creed Unity Experience Trailer 1 New Engine, New Gameplay
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series - Season 2
The Walking Dead Season Two Episode 4 Trailer, Amid the Ruins
- Hyrule Warriors
Hyrule Warriors Zelda Wind Waker Trailer
- The Long Dark
Big-time video game publisher Activision invested approximately $500 million in the upcoming multiplayer shooter Destiny, which is being developed by prominent development studio Bungie (curse them for never making a new Myth game). Anyway, the money has gone into developing and marketing Destiny until it hits stores in September this year.
That's an impressive budget, even for a triple-A title. Most of the Call of Duty games had substantial budgets and yet they never had a budget this high. In fact, games like GTA V cost around $270 million to make.
"If you're making a $500 million bet you can't take that chance with someone else's IP. The stakes for us are getting bigger," said Activision CEO Bobby Kotick.
So, yeah, while this is basically just Kotick waving his cock around, one has to wonder why all that fucking money was necessary in the first place - especially, when you consider that certain crowd-funded game projects manage to gather pretty darn huge bundles of cash. Well, ya know like the space shooter, Star Citizen, for instance, which recently surpassed a staggering $43 million in funding. Admittedly, Star Citizen is in a crap state at the moment, but that's beside the point.
Check out the latest developer diary for Destiny.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP