- PS4 Sells 40 Million Units
- No Man's Sky Not in June?
- Mornin '16
- FEATURE: Riders of Icarus Hands-on
- Latest Mighty No. 9 Trailer Shows Beck's Dash Ability
- Prey 2 Rumors and Speculation Won't Die
- Xbox Rumor Round-up for E3
- New Vampyr Screens Show Duality of the Doctor
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Launch Trailer - Fast, Action-Packed and Colorful
- Battleborn Now Has Alani, And Will Soon Have Pendles
- FEATURE: Top 4 Funny Moments in Uncharted 4
- Titanfall 2 With Grappling Hook and Larger Maps?
Looks like it's the season to announce movies based on video games. Following the recent scoop about Fassbender starring in the Assassin's Creed movie, we've learned that Square Enix and CBS Films intend to release a movie adaptation of Eidos Montreal's excellent game Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Terry Press, co-president of CBS Films, said: "As is clear from the wild success of the game, Square Enix and Eidos Montreal know how to exceed their audience's expectations by engineering incredible worlds. No one knows Human Revolution like the team that created it, and we look forward to working with them from day one to make a film adaptation worthy of the 'Deus Ex' name."
"As the millions of fans who have played the 'Deus Ex' games for more than a decade will tell you, these games catapult you into a universe that is stimulating, engaging and relevant. We're firm believers in building strong partnerships, and so we're thrilled to be working with CBS Films on bringing the unique 'Deus Ex' experience to the big screen," adds Square Enix Europe CEO Phil Rogers.
Now, I can't honestly think that this is a particularly cool idea. The game is just fine on its own. If they're going to bring in some Colin Farrell type to play Adam Jensen in a poorly written piece of modern sci-fi bullcrap, then I'm not really happy about that. Human Revolution is about choices and that in itself is a specific type of entertainment and is the reason why the whole thing works brilliantly. Hey, I'm not saying there's no chance in hell that this is going to be a good movie, but... something tells me it's going to be average at best.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP