Blizzard has published the changes that are expected to come with the Diablo 3 2.1.0 patch. They've explained that this is the first major content patch for the game's expansion pack, Reaper of Souls.
New features include Seasons and Conquests, so-called Greater Rifts, Combat Changes, Legendary Gems, Cesspools, Leaderboards and more. Here's a bit more info about the new Rifts:
While Greater Rifts are a type of Nephalem Rift, there are some key differences between the two features. In Greater Rifts:
- You'll race against a clock to fill a progress bar by accruing monster kills.
- Most monsters do not drop loot; rewards have been completely shifted to the Rift Guardian.
- This removes conflicting pressure from attaining a better time versus picking up all your loot.
- Monsters grant differing amounts of progress for your progress bar; the tougher the monster, the more they fill up your progress bar.
- You cannot resurrect at your corpse or in town while in a Greater Rift—only at the last checkpoint.
- Note that, currently, if you die in a Greater Rift on a Hardcore character, that death will be permanent.
- You cannot use player banners or the Teleport option if the target player is in a Greater Rift.
- Higher Greater Rifts levels are progressively more difficult.
- This difficulty is separate from the standard difficulty settings (Master, Torment I-VI, etc.)
If you complete a Greater Rift before time expires you'll advance to the next difficulty level. Should your time be exceptionally good, you might even skip a few levels! If time instead expires, you'll have rea
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP