- COMIC: Wedding Preparations
- Mornin '15
- Don't Starve Gets Shipwrecked Expansion
- Nvidia Recalling Shield Tablets for Fire Hazard
- Total War: Warhammer In-Game Engine Developer Commentary
- New Battlefield Game in 2016
- EA's Financial Results Exceed Expectations
- FEATURE: Open Worlds Devouring Small Ones
- Rocket League Sales Top 5 Million, Free Content Coming
Disney Interactive is laying off 26% of its jobs, 700 employees. The largest cuts are expected to land at their Playdom social games group, which Disney bought in 2010 for $563 million back in Facebook gaming's hayday.
“Disney Interactive has consolidated several lines of business as part of an effort to focus the division on a streamlined suite of high-quality digital products,” the company said in a statement. “As a result of this restructuring, we have undergone a reduction in workforce. These actions were difficult but necessary given our long-term strategy focused on sustainable profitability and innovation.”
In addition to games, Disney Interactive is responsible for the Disney.com website and their mobile games.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP