- Complaints Already Coming in About Just Cause 3 Performance Issues
- WB Montreal Hiring for Two AAA DC Games
- Fallout 4 Still Most Wanted on Steam
- Rainbow Six Siege Servers Go Live Tonight
- Happy Cyber Monday! Who Wants an $18,000 Watch?
- Licensed Portal Content Coming to Rocket League
- Sony Unlocks 7th PS4 CPU For Devs
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: The Turkey Strikes Back
Disney Interactive is laying off 26% of its jobs, 700 employees. The largest cuts are expected to land at their Playdom social games group, which Disney bought in 2010 for $563 million back in Facebook gaming's hayday.
“Disney Interactive has consolidated several lines of business as part of an effort to focus the division on a streamlined suite of high-quality digital products,” the company said in a statement. “As a result of this restructuring, we have undergone a reduction in workforce. These actions were difficult but necessary given our long-term strategy focused on sustainable profitability and innovation.”
In addition to games, Disney Interactive is responsible for the Disney.com website and their mobile games.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP