- New Onimusha Trademark Spotted, Speculation Ensues
- Dead or Alive Extreme 3 Still Staying in Japan and Asia
- FEATURE: Fallout 4 Soundtrack Review
- Second King's Quest Chapter Releases Mid-December
- Mighty No. 9 Gameplay Trailer
- Star Wars Battlefront Battle of Jakku Trailer
- Mornin '15
- Complaints Already Coming in About Just Cause 3 Performance Issues
- WB Montreal Hiring for Two AAA DC Games
- Fallout 4 Still Most Wanted on Steam
- Rainbow Six Siege Servers Go Live Tonight
- Happy Cyber Monday! Who Wants an $18,000 Watch?
- Licensed Portal Content Coming to Rocket League
- Sony Unlocks 7th PS4 CPU For Devs
Ever since Disney purchased the rights to Star Wars from George Lucas, they have effectively done everything and anything to flush out the old regime. First they laid off the entire staff at LucasArts, then they shut down The Clone Wars animated series mid-season, and now they have finally released their trademark hold on Star Wars 1313.
Disney did not renew the trademark when it was up this past December, and now the US Patent and Trademark Office lists Star Wars 1313 as "Abandoned because no Statement of Use or Extension Request timely filed after Notice of Allowance was issued."
Since EA now holds the Star Wars franchise for gaming, it's always possible they'll resurrect the title and continue working on the property, but no one should count on that. All we can do is hope that Battlefront isn't as colossal of a train wreck as Battlefield 4.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP