- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
Following the latest hypage surrounding Star Wars, we've learned that the upcoming movie will be in the hands of noted director JJ Abrams. Now it appears that Disney'll be making several stand-alone films set within the Star Wars universe - next to the standard saga, that is.Â
"We are in fact working on a few stand-alone films," Disney boss Bob Iger told CNBC's Julia Boorstin. "Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. So we plan to make Star Wars VII, VIII and IX over roughly a six-year period of time starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period of time too."
I take consolation in a few things here. The first is that writer Lawernce Kasdan (Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back) is involved and the second is that JJ Abrams is a guy whose work speaks for itself.
However, the whole might easily stomped to death thanks to those greedy executives at Disney who just can't resist milking the cash cow (Cash cow? More like cash octopus...).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
|PC, Bungie, you assholes!||39.70%|
|No, please. ||33.42%|