- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
- Mornin '15
- PlayStation Partners with Spotify
- The Devil's Men Screenshots
- PlayStation Vita About to Lose a Few Apps
- Mortal Kombat X Reptile Reveal Trailer
- Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo - An Apartment in Paris
- Ken Levine's Next PC Sci-Fi Game
- PAX South Preview Roundup
Following the latest hypage surrounding Star Wars, we've learned that the upcoming movie will be in the hands of noted director JJ Abrams. Now it appears that Disney'll be making several stand-alone films set within the Star Wars universe - next to the standard saga, that is.Â
"We are in fact working on a few stand-alone films," Disney boss Bob Iger told CNBC's Julia Boorstin. "Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. So we plan to make Star Wars VII, VIII and IX over roughly a six-year period of time starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period of time too."
I take consolation in a few things here. The first is that writer Lawernce Kasdan (Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back) is involved and the second is that JJ Abrams is a guy whose work speaks for itself.
However, the whole might easily stomped to death thanks to those greedy executives at Disney who just can't resist milking the cash cow (Cash cow? More like cash octopus...).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Where would you like to see more of ActionTrip?