- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
Following the latest hypage surrounding Star Wars, we've learned that the upcoming movie will be in the hands of noted director JJ Abrams. Now it appears that Disney'll be making several stand-alone films set within the Star Wars universe - next to the standard saga, that is.Â
"We are in fact working on a few stand-alone films," Disney boss Bob Iger told CNBC's Julia Boorstin. "Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. So we plan to make Star Wars VII, VIII and IX over roughly a six-year period of time starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period of time too."
I take consolation in a few things here. The first is that writer Lawernce Kasdan (Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back) is involved and the second is that JJ Abrams is a guy whose work speaks for itself.
However, the whole might easily stomped to death thanks to those greedy executives at Disney who just can't resist milking the cash cow (Cash cow? More like cash octopus...).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
|PC, Bungie, you assholes!||37.51%|
|No, please. ||33.84%|