- Far Cry 4 The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat Trailer
- Hearthstone Reaches 20 Million Players Milestone
- Valve Gets Saints Row Creative Director
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Diary Part 3
- Destiny & The Sims 4 Britishly Triumphant
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Rumored for November 21
- Living in a Wasteland ... 2
- Notch Leaves Mojang After Microsoft Sale
- It's Official: Minecraft Creator Joins Microsoft
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: The Long Arm of Destiny
Okay, so, id Software hasn't talked about Doom for years (seems like decades to me) and now they are trying to pump life back into it by throwing a few crumbs on the table. Yes, I am slightly pissed off due to the gay teaser and the whole QuakeCon-attendees-only reveal. However, id has explained that this reveal is part of the company's effort to restore the public's faith in the franchise.
"We're working with them to say, 'How does this work? What do we want to show?'" Bethesda's Pete Hines said. "And they're like, 'Look, we don't want a stream to go up for a game that isn't at the point where we would formally show it to the world, and now that thing is getting picked apart, and digested, and gone through frame-by-frame and getting nitpicked to death, when normally we wouldn't be showing this to anybody at all.'"
So, if I understand this correctly, they decide to restore Doom's reputation in the eyes of the public by not showing anything to the public?
You can also add to this story the simple fact that id Software is unlikely to showcase Doom 4 anytime soon. In fact, probably not before 2015.
PC Gamer via Bethesda.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP