- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Okay, so, id Software hasn't talked about Doom for years (seems like decades to me) and now they are trying to pump life back into it by throwing a few crumbs on the table. Yes, I am slightly pissed off due to the gay teaser and the whole QuakeCon-attendees-only reveal. However, id has explained that this reveal is part of the company's effort to restore the public's faith in the franchise.
"We're working with them to say, 'How does this work? What do we want to show?'" Bethesda's Pete Hines said. "And they're like, 'Look, we don't want a stream to go up for a game that isn't at the point where we would formally show it to the world, and now that thing is getting picked apart, and digested, and gone through frame-by-frame and getting nitpicked to death, when normally we wouldn't be showing this to anybody at all.'"
So, if I understand this correctly, they decide to restore Doom's reputation in the eyes of the public by not showing anything to the public?
You can also add to this story the simple fact that id Software is unlikely to showcase Doom 4 anytime soon. In fact, probably not before 2015.
PC Gamer via Bethesda.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP