- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
- Mornin '15
- Battlefield Hardline UK Wins Over Folk in UK
- Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Trailer
- Dragon Age Inquisition DLC Goes to Other Platforms in May
- Project Cars Will Have Free Car DLC Every Month
- Mortal Kombat X Producer Leaves Twitter Due to Threats Against His Family
- Pillars of Eternity All Over Steam
- Halo 5 Release Date Announced
It has been confirmed that Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be the first game by BioWare that's going to feature a gay male character in a party. The news was uncovered by Writer David Gaider (interesting name) who wrote that the new character Dorian is "the first fully gay character I've had the opportunity to write."
"Dorian's refusal to play along with that facade is seen as stubborn and pointless by his family, which has contributed to his status as a pariah. I suppose this aspect of Dorian [his sexuality] will make him controversial in some corners, but I was glad to include it. It made writing Dorian a very personal experience for me, and I'm hopeful that will make him seem like a fully realised character to fans in the end."
Later on, Gaider has been criticized for using the term "fully gay" and felt obliged to correct his statement to: "I was trying to be clear - many people consider the bi characters we've done to be gay."
Also, is this really the first gay character in a BioWare game? Turns out, it is. Even though you could establish homosexual relationships in games like Mass Effect, these characters were also considered bisexual, seeing as you have that option.
So, as I said, it's first full-on gay then.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP