- Action Trippin' Ballscast #6 - Star Wars Battlefront
- 9 Million People Took Sides in the Star Wars Battlefront Beta
- Star Wars Battlefront MP Modes and Season Pass Uncovered
- Witcher 3 Expansion Delayed in North America
- Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch Giveaway
- Minecraft: Story Mode Launch Trailer
- Voting Poll: What's Your Take on the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?
- REVIEW: Transformers Devastation
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Trailer is Sexy and Zombie-Infested
- Mornin '15
- Firewatch Gets Release Date
- Halo 5: Guardians Launch Gameplay Trailer
- ARK: Survival Evolved Top Seller on Steam, Again
- Star Citizen Gets Hollywood Elite, New Gameplay Shown
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended
It has been confirmed that Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be the first game by BioWare that's going to feature a gay male character in a party. The news was uncovered by Writer David Gaider (interesting name) who wrote that the new character Dorian is "the first fully gay character I've had the opportunity to write."
"Dorian's refusal to play along with that facade is seen as stubborn and pointless by his family, which has contributed to his status as a pariah. I suppose this aspect of Dorian [his sexuality] will make him controversial in some corners, but I was glad to include it. It made writing Dorian a very personal experience for me, and I'm hopeful that will make him seem like a fully realised character to fans in the end."
Later on, Gaider has been criticized for using the term "fully gay" and felt obliged to correct his statement to: "I was trying to be clear - many people consider the bi characters we've done to be gay."
Also, is this really the first gay character in a BioWare game? Turns out, it is. Even though you could establish homosexual relationships in games like Mass Effect, these characters were also considered bisexual, seeing as you have that option.
So, as I said, it's first full-on gay then.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP