- Blizzard Cancels Project Titan With a Heavy Heart
- A Sims 4 Mod Adds Incest, Teen Pregnancy, and Polygamy
- Lords of the Fallen Dev Says Game Resolution Slightly Better on PS4
- GameStop Interested in Selling Used DLC
- Wasteland 2 Top-Seller on Steam
- Happy Birthday, Vince!
- So How Hard is Bloodborne?
- First Trailer for Sleeping Dogs Successor, Triad Wars
- Yoshida Says Project Morpheus is 85% Complete
- Mornin '14
- Xbox One Launch Delayed in China
- Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass
- PlayStation TV Will Launch in North America with 700 Games
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Shows Open-Ended Assassination Missions
- REVIEW: Anomaly 2
- Destiny Holds the Fort in UK
- Final Fantasy XV TGS 14 Gameplay Trailer
- Activision Files for Dismissal in Noriega Lawsuit
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition Spotted
David Gaider, writer and game designer, seems to be a bit tired of the current atmosphere on the BioWare Social Network forums. Bear in mind that this is the guy who is contributed to games like Baldur's Gate 2 and is now the lead writer for BioWare's Dragon Age series.
David Gaider is credited for games like Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Lately, however, steers clear of the forums because of the "increasingly toxic" atmosphere.
"Spending too much time there starts to make me feel negative - not just about the games we make, but about myself and life in general," Gaider blogged. "The signal-to-noise ratio does seem to be worsening, and eventually you get the feeling like you're at one of those parties where all anyone is doing is bitching. It doesn't matter what they're bitching about so much as, sooner or later, that's all you can really hear."
He continued: "Engaging starts to mean partaking in the bitching until you feel like that's all you're doing. Even when I try to rise above, those who are most negative will seek me out in order to get a rise out of me - and not unsuccessfully. I am only human, and I'll end up responding to score points just as they do, and end up feeling sh**ty for having done so."
The BioWare dev went on to summerize: "Perhaps there is something to be said about whether the games BioWare makes still satisfy our core fans."
Well, I hate to be the one to say this, but you only have yourselves to blame, BioWare. Sure, fans are wankers and dipshits (myself included) who will never be satisfied with what you dish out, no matter how much you try to please them. Nonetheless, they did fuck up Dragon Age with the gayest sequel of all time. So, that their fault entirely. Also, I trust all of you remember the whole ME 3 ending debacle..
Wow, I think I'm getting into the spirit of this forum, maybe I should register.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP