- PS4 Getting Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition
- EA Closes Down Maxis
- Elite Dangerous Heading to Xbox One
- Nvidia Announces New Gaming Console at GDC
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
- Unity 5 GDC Trailer Shows Potential
- The Witcher 3 GDC Gameplay Footage
- Over 20 Million PlayStation 4 Consoles Sold Worldwide
- Valve Announces Source 2 And More
- Mornin '15
- Large Dragon Age Inquisition Patch Coming
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Releases This September
- Slow Your Roll; There is No Valve Press Conference at 3p.m.
- Battlefield Hardline Premium Membership Program
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 Officially Announced
- Fallout 4 @ E3 2015?
EA's extreme monetization of their mobile port of the PC classic Dungeon Keeper has received less than stellar reviews from critics, however, you'd never know that by checking it out on the Google Play store. As I write this, Dungeon Keeper sits at a 4-star rating. Either this is a case of an extreme gap between critics and consumers, or something fishy is in play. It is indeed the latter.
EA has a filtering process with the Android rating system. If you try to rate it "1-4" stars, you're taken to a different prompt that asks, "What would it take to make Dungeon Keeper a 5-star game?" From there, you can either choose "email us" or "not now." And then shockingly, you never really get a chance to rate the game.
The only way you can rate it lower than 5 stars is to initially lie and say you're going to rate it 5 stars, and then when the star buttons appear, you can rate it how you want.
When Eurogamer asked EA Mobile about this system, they staunchly defended it, saying it makes it easier for consumers to give feedback.
"We're always looking at new ways to gather player feedback so that we can continue to improve our games. The 'rate this app' feature in the Google Play version of Dungeon Keeper was designed to help us collect valuable feedback from players who don't feel the game is worth a top rating. We wanted to make it easier for more players to send us feedback directly from the game if they weren't having the best experience. Players can always continue to leave any rating they want on the Google Play Store," the EA representative said.
Android users, I think you know what you need to do.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP