- Far Cry 4 DLC in January
- Star Citizen Dev Salutes Elite: Dangerous Dev
- Minecraft Creator Buys A House
- Mornin '14
- Steam Christmas Sales Kick Off, Here's the First Batch
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Now Has Daily Challenges
- Square Enix Showcases 14 Playable Characters for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- Play Info Quest II, A Mojang Game Series
- Evolve Open Beta will be Xbox One Exclusive
- Telltale's Next Episodic Game is Based Upon Minecraft
- REVIEW: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Customization Items Trailer
- Bloodborne - Brand New Screenshots
EA's extreme monetization of their mobile port of the PC classic Dungeon Keeper has received less than stellar reviews from critics, however, you'd never know that by checking it out on the Google Play store. As I write this, Dungeon Keeper sits at a 4-star rating. Either this is a case of an extreme gap between critics and consumers, or something fishy is in play. It is indeed the latter.
EA has a filtering process with the Android rating system. If you try to rate it "1-4" stars, you're taken to a different prompt that asks, "What would it take to make Dungeon Keeper a 5-star game?" From there, you can either choose "email us" or "not now." And then shockingly, you never really get a chance to rate the game.
The only way you can rate it lower than 5 stars is to initially lie and say you're going to rate it 5 stars, and then when the star buttons appear, you can rate it how you want.
When Eurogamer asked EA Mobile about this system, they staunchly defended it, saying it makes it easier for consumers to give feedback.
"We're always looking at new ways to gather player feedback so that we can continue to improve our games. The 'rate this app' feature in the Google Play version of Dungeon Keeper was designed to help us collect valuable feedback from players who don't feel the game is worth a top rating. We wanted to make it easier for more players to send us feedback directly from the game if they weren't having the best experience. Players can always continue to leave any rating they want on the Google Play Store," the EA representative said.
Android users, I think you know what you need to do.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP