- Ubisoft Announces eBook for Watch_Dogs
- PlayStation Gets Physical Copies of Minecraft
- Sony Wanted to Bring Titanfall to Vita
- PS4 Sells 7 Million Worldwide
- FEATURE: Infamous: Second Son OST Review
- Mornin '14
- Warlords of Draenor Expansion Won't Require Hardware Upgrade
- Bungie Fires Composer Martin O'Donnell
- Sony Sells Off All Holdings in Square Enix Stock
- Evolve Screens Feature Hideous Monsters
- Some PC Gamers Have A Life
- War of the Vikings Launches, Time to Slice, Well, Vikings
NY Times reports that "Valve has been pursued over the years by Electronic Arts, which would very likely have valued Valve at well over $1 billion had the talks progressed that far," with the publication claiming that info came from "two people with knowledge of the discussion who spoke on condition of anonymity because the talks were private.".
Valve prez Gabe Newell, on the other hand, says the company would "disintegrate" if they were bought by another corporation. "It's way more likely we would head in that direction than say, 'Let's find some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate,' " he added.
So, I guess he said 'no' then. Valve's value was estimated at around $2.5 billion, according to Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.
Meanwhile, the industry top dog -- Electronic Arts -- invested over $1 billion on purchases in the social and mobile market. EA also acquired PlayFish, Firemint and PopCap.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP