- COMIC: Geralt's Real-Time Beardness
- Mornin '15
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U Has Been Pushed Out of 2015
- Disney Sets Battlefront in Official Star Wars Timeline
- Hotfix Coming for Bloodborne Progession Bug
- PSN Discount Code Good All Weekend
- New Screenshots from Grand Theft Auto 5 PC
- Lords of the Fallen Developer Offers Kojima a Job
- Keri & Vader Podcasting With SGR
- REVIEW: Pillars of Eternity
NY Times reports that "Valve has been pursued over the years by Electronic Arts, which would very likely have valued Valve at well over $1 billion had the talks progressed that far," with the publication claiming that info came from "two people with knowledge of the discussion who spoke on condition of anonymity because the talks were private.".
Valve prez Gabe Newell, on the other hand, says the company would "disintegrate" if they were bought by another corporation. "It's way more likely we would head in that direction than say, 'Let's find some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate,' " he added.
So, I guess he said 'no' then. Valve's value was estimated at around $2.5 billion, according to Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.
Meanwhile, the industry top dog -- Electronic Arts -- invested over $1 billion on purchases in the social and mobile market. EA also acquired PlayFish, Firemint and PopCap.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP