- Five Nights at Freddy's World is Back and Free
- PC Gaming Show Will Return to E3 2016
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Chaos Trailer
- Ubisoft Confirms Watch Dogs 2 to Release before April 2017
- Hitman Beta Starts Today
- FEATURE: 40 of the Worst Video Game Box Art
- XCOM 2 - Almost 70 Million Aliens Killed by Players
- ActionTrip Gameplay Videos: From Russia With Creed
- Need for Speed Dated for PC
- Mornin '16
- Destiny 2 in 2017, One More Expansion for Destiny This Year
- Firaxis Looking Into Performance Issues for XCOM 2
- Total War: Warhammer Empire Campaign Walkthrough
- Ubisoft Confirms No Assassin's Creed Game in 2016
- Blade & Soul Now Has 2 Million Players
- Quantum Break Live Action Trailer
- Quantum Break Preorder Bonuses, Xbox One Bundle, and Oh Yeah, PC Version
- Titanfall 2 Arriving in 2 Years Time
This could possibly be more amusing than Lindsey Lohan's lawsuit against Rockstar. You may remember Manuel Noriega from his Panama dictatorship in the 80s that kicked off a war between the US Navy SEALs and his military that lasted all of 8 hours. He was arrested for drug trafficking, racketeering, money laundering, and murder. He may be a horrible human being, but he has feelings, too! So many, he's suing Activision for using and exploiting his image in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Noriega claims he was portrayed as "an antagonist and portrayed as the culprit of numerous fictional heinous crimes, creating the false impression that defendants are authorized to use plaintiff's image and likeness. This caused plaintiffs to receive profits they would not have otherwise received."
Interactive entertainment lawyer Jas Purewal told the BBC that Noriega's claims are a little problematic.
"Noriega isn't a US citizen or even a resident," he said. "This means that his legal claim becomes questionable, because it's unclear on what legal basis he can actually bring a case against Activision."
Bad, Activision! How dare you portray a dictator as a dictator in your game? I suppose we should all be thankful Hitler isn't still alive.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP