- New Onimusha Trademark Spotted, Speculation Ensues
- Dead or Alive Extreme 3 Still Staying in Japan and Asia
- FEATURE: Fallout 4 Soundtrack Review
- Second King's Quest Chapter Releases Mid-December
- Mighty No. 9 Gameplay Trailer
- Star Wars Battlefront Battle of Jakku Trailer
- Mornin '15
- Complaints Already Coming in About Just Cause 3 Performance Issues
- WB Montreal Hiring for Two AAA DC Games
- Fallout 4 Still Most Wanted on Steam
- Rainbow Six Siege Servers Go Live Tonight
- Happy Cyber Monday! Who Wants an $18,000 Watch?
- Licensed Portal Content Coming to Rocket League
- Sony Unlocks 7th PS4 CPU For Devs
Publisher and developer Crytek has just revealed they have opened a brand new studio in Austin, Texas. At the helm is David Adams, as well as 35 former members of the dev. studio Vigil Games, the creators of the Darksiders franchise. If you can recall, Vigil and Darksiders were among the rare brands that weren't picked up after THQ went tits up.
"Crytek has always enjoyed a special relationship with gamers and business partners in North America, so establishing a permanent presence in the US was a natural step," said Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli. "We are extremely excited about the work that we will be undertaking from our strategic new location in Austin, with David Adams and his team of 35 experienced developers. We believe our CryENGINE technology will enable the team we assemble to create unparalleled new gaming experiences."
Word is that David Adams is the newly appointed CEO of Crytek USA Corp. He said “I’m thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio’s launch represents Crytek’s commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere.”
Okay, it certainly going to be interesting witness what they plan make using these talented people (as long as it's not a casual game for smartphones and iPads).
Meanwhile, we still have absolutely no info on what's going on with the next Darksiders game and if it will ever see the light of day.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Excited about Fallout 4?
|Of course I fucking am! ||64.41%|
|Nah, not really. ||35.59%|