- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Inquisitive Xenomorph
Publisher and developer Crytek has just revealed they have opened a brand new studio in Austin, Texas. At the helm is David Adams, as well as 35 former members of the dev. studio Vigil Games, the creators of the Darksiders franchise. If you can recall, Vigil and Darksiders were among the rare brands that weren't picked up after THQ went tits up.
"Crytek has always enjoyed a special relationship with gamers and business partners in North America, so establishing a permanent presence in the US was a natural step," said Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli. "We are extremely excited about the work that we will be undertaking from our strategic new location in Austin, with David Adams and his team of 35 experienced developers. We believe our CryENGINE technology will enable the team we assemble to create unparalleled new gaming experiences."
Word is that David Adams is the newly appointed CEO of Crytek USA Corp. He said “I’m thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio’s launch represents Crytek’s commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere.”
Okay, it certainly going to be interesting witness what they plan make using these talented people (as long as it's not a casual game for smartphones and iPads).
Meanwhile, we still have absolutely no info on what's going on with the next Darksiders game and if it will ever see the light of day.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
|PC, Bungie, you assholes!||37.33%|
|No, please. ||33.87%|