- Rockstar Social Club Accounts Hacked
- Remedy Wants to Port Alan Wake to Xbox One
- Mass Effect 4 Info Leaked, Space Exploration and More
- New Mad Max Video Game Screenies Arrived
- Mornin '15
- Borderlands Creator Leaves Gearbox
- GTA V Patch Reduces CPU Usage
- Mortal Kombat Enjoys Biggest MK Launch in UK
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China Launch Trailer
- Microsoft Has Another Exclusive IP Coming
- Valve Now Requires $5 to Access all Steam Features
- Heroes of the Storm Finally Has Official Release
Publisher and developer Crytek has just revealed they have opened a brand new studio in Austin, Texas. At the helm is David Adams, as well as 35 former members of the dev. studio Vigil Games, the creators of the Darksiders franchise. If you can recall, Vigil and Darksiders were among the rare brands that weren't picked up after THQ went tits up.
"Crytek has always enjoyed a special relationship with gamers and business partners in North America, so establishing a permanent presence in the US was a natural step," said Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli. "We are extremely excited about the work that we will be undertaking from our strategic new location in Austin, with David Adams and his team of 35 experienced developers. We believe our CryENGINE technology will enable the team we assemble to create unparalleled new gaming experiences."
Word is that David Adams is the newly appointed CEO of Crytek USA Corp. He said “I’m thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio’s launch represents Crytek’s commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere.”
Okay, it certainly going to be interesting witness what they plan make using these talented people (as long as it's not a casual game for smartphones and iPads).
Meanwhile, we still have absolutely no info on what's going on with the next Darksiders game and if it will ever see the light of day.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Announced:
|Finally. Can’t wait. ||43.41%|
|Never played Deus Ex. ||18.84%|
|Oh no, the last one was crap, the old ones were better. ||11.90%|