- Oculus Rift Buyers Will Receive Free Trial of Unity Pro
- Original Descent Devs Go to Kickstarter for a Descent Revival
- See the Warcraft Movie, Get a Copy of the Game Free
- Cities: Skylines Patch Details
- Rocket League Arriving to Xbox One Next Week
- The Walking Dead: Michonne Gets Release Date
- Hitman System Requirements Revealed
- Mornin '16 - Vader Teh PC n00b
- Former BioWare Writer Joins Beamdog
- Ubisoft Confirms Open Beta for Tom Clancy's The Division
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
- Overwatch Beta Resumes Today
- Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer
Publisher and developer Crytek has just revealed they have opened a brand new studio in Austin, Texas. At the helm is David Adams, as well as 35 former members of the dev. studio Vigil Games, the creators of the Darksiders franchise. If you can recall, Vigil and Darksiders were among the rare brands that weren't picked up after THQ went tits up.
"Crytek has always enjoyed a special relationship with gamers and business partners in North America, so establishing a permanent presence in the US was a natural step," said Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli. "We are extremely excited about the work that we will be undertaking from our strategic new location in Austin, with David Adams and his team of 35 experienced developers. We believe our CryENGINE technology will enable the team we assemble to create unparalleled new gaming experiences."
Word is that David Adams is the newly appointed CEO of Crytek USA Corp. He said “I’m thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio’s launch represents Crytek’s commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere.”
Okay, it certainly going to be interesting witness what they plan make using these talented people (as long as it's not a casual game for smartphones and iPads).
Meanwhile, we still have absolutely no info on what's going on with the next Darksiders game and if it will ever see the light of day.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Most anticipated games of 2016 - People's Choice:
|Mass Effect Andromeda||12.88%|
|Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End||6.93%|
|Deus Ex: Mankind Divided||5.80%|
|No Man’s Sky||5.72%|
|Dark Souls 3||4.14%|
|Mirror’s Edge Catalyst||3.92%|
|Tom Clancy’s The Division||3.69%|
|Horizon: Zero Dawn||3.31%|
|The Last Guardian||2.94%|
|Final Fantasy XV||1.88%|
|Gears of War 4||1.28%|
|Street Fighter V||0.98%|