- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
How many times have we longed for Valve to reveal at least a shred of evidence that Half-Life 3 exists (or Half-Life 2: Episode 3, if you prefer)? The thing is they never said a word. No official info or media. Nothing. Hints, rumors, possibly some tidbits that might lead us to believe they haven't given up on the project entirely, albeit nothing concrete.
It appears that Valve's managing director Gabe Newell commented about the company's project "Ricochet 2," which according to reports, doesn't really exist, so now they're saying he was, in fact, referring to Half-Life 3. So, yeah, it's like a code for Half-Life 3 (BluesNews via Develop).
Here's what he had to say:
"In terms of Ricochet 2, we always have this problem that when we talk about things too far in advance," Newell said. "We end up changing our minds as we're going through and developing stuff, so as we're thinking through the giant story arc which is Ricochet 2, you might get to a point where you're saying something is surprising us in a positive way and something is surprising us in a negative way, and, you know, we'd like to be super-transparent about the future of Ricochet 2."
"The problem is, we think that the twists and turns that we're going through would probably drive people more crazy than just being silent about it, until we can be very crisp about what's happening next," he said.
What just happened?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP