- Learn How Jensen Asked for This in DXMD 101 Trailer
- Steam Sales Plummeting in Proportion to Number of Games Releasing
- Guile Sonic Booms His Way Onto Street Fighter V Today with Update
- FEATURE: Captain America: Civil War - The Multiplayer Game We Want
- Activision Appears to Confirm Call of Duty 4 Remastered with Poop Emoji
- Xbox One Iron Man Edition Looks Sexy
- PSN Making More Cash Than the Whole of Nintendo
- Mornin '16
- PAX East 2016: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness Hands-on
- Unboxing the April Quest Collection of Level Up by Loot Crate
- PAX East 2016: I Am Setsuna Hands-on
- 'Xbox One Two' Rumored
- Fallout 4 Mods to Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Nintendo Officially Announced Their Next Console But Won't Show It
- Uncharted 4: No End to Thieves, Copies Stolen While in Transit
- Mass Effect Andromeda Franchise's Most Ambitious So Far
How many times have we longed for Valve to reveal at least a shred of evidence that Half-Life 3 exists (or Half-Life 2: Episode 3, if you prefer)? The thing is they never said a word. No official info or media. Nothing. Hints, rumors, possibly some tidbits that might lead us to believe they haven't given up on the project entirely, albeit nothing concrete.
It appears that Valve's managing director Gabe Newell commented about the company's project "Ricochet 2," which according to reports, doesn't really exist, so now they're saying he was, in fact, referring to Half-Life 3. So, yeah, it's like a code for Half-Life 3 (BluesNews via Develop).
Here's what he had to say:
"In terms of Ricochet 2, we always have this problem that when we talk about things too far in advance," Newell said. "We end up changing our minds as we're going through and developing stuff, so as we're thinking through the giant story arc which is Ricochet 2, you might get to a point where you're saying something is surprising us in a positive way and something is surprising us in a negative way, and, you know, we'd like to be super-transparent about the future of Ricochet 2."
"The problem is, we think that the twists and turns that we're going through would probably drive people more crazy than just being silent about it, until we can be very crisp about what's happening next," he said.
What just happened?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP