- Assassin's Creed Unity Shots Show A Lot of Leaping
- LittleBigPlanet 3 Dated
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Cinematic Released
- The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Launch Trailer
- Hitman: Agent 47, First Movie Snaps
- PREVIEW: Destiny Beta Preview
- Mornin '14
- Mass Effect 4 Launch Years Away, A Few Details Spilt
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Trailer
- REVIEW: Divinity: Original Sin
- Divinity: Original Sin Still Strong on Steam
- More Watch Dogs, Less FIFA
Following the 9-week holiday period ending January 4, 2014, GameStop announced $3.15 billion in worldwide sales.
"Building off this momentum, we are in an excellent position to drive the global adoption of the next generation of new video game products in 2014," commented CEO Paul Raines. "During this transitional console period, strong sales of next generation software were offset by a greater than expected decline in Xbox 360 and PS3 software sales resulting in a 22.5 percent decline in the new software category."
He added: "Based on these results, GameStop now expects its fourth quarter and full year 2013 same store sales to be at the high end of the current guidance range."
As for hardware sales, GameStop reports it has generated $1 billion during the holidays, marking a significant improvement over the $524 million in 2012.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP