- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
Wiitalia is reporting that GameStop Italy has refused to take any Wii U preorders for Watch Dogs, explaining that Ubisoft has canceled the Wii U version. While this could be a simple misunderstanding, what makes it alarming is Ubisoft's refusal to comment on the matter. When Joystiq reached out to Ubisoft about both GameStop Italy and the rumor that Ubi has canceled the Wii U version of the game, a company spokesperson would only say, "We have no comment at this time."
Ubisoft was one of Nintendo's largest and most vocal third-party supporters for the Wii U when the console launched. However, the low Wii U sales caused Ubisoft to make their Wii U-exclusive Rayman Legends available to all platforms out of fear the game wouldn't sell enough on the Wii U alone.
"What happened was that we saw the Wii U was not going to sell enough of those games. The game is going to be fantastic, and we didn't want those creators to wind up in a position where even after making a fantastic game, they didn't sell well enough," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told VentureBeat. "We decided that we had to come out on enough machines that players can try it out on any one that they have, and give more time to both improve the game on the Wii U and create versions for the other consoles."
Ubisoft has always said that the open-world game would be available on the Wii U as well as last generation and new generation consoles. To go from exclusive support with past games to no support at all with future games would be another huge blow to Big N. But Ubisoft has not said they are definitely canceling the Wii U version, so we'll have to wait for that big announcement. As of now, stores in the US and Europe (outside of Italy) still list Watch Dogs releasing for the PC, PlayStaiton 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Wii U.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP