- Mornin '15
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Set for 2015 Release
- Paid Mod Already Pulled from Steam Workshop
- FEATURE: A Mortal Kombat History Lesson From the Game Gear Days
- First Battlefield Hardline Patch is Mostly for PC
- Telltale Working on Marvel Game
- Resident Evil HD Sells 1 Million
- Peter Molyneux Speaks at Dubrovnik Reboot Festival
Gearbox Software filed suit against 3D Realms for a gross copyright violation, claiming that they purchased the Duke Nukem IP from 3D Realms, ergo 3D Realms does not have the right to publish their recently announced game, Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction. Gearbox is suing both 3D Realms and the developer they hired, Interceptor Entertainment.
3D Realms has responded, and boy, it's a doozy. They claim that when they sold the IP to Gearbox, they only sold the rights for Duke Nukem Forever, not everything Duke Nukem. As part of the purchase agreement, 3D Realms is allowed to develop and publish a game called Duke Nukem Survivor. Mass Destruction is supposedly the new title for Duke Nukem Survivor. They further argue that Gearbox doesn't own the entire Duke Nukem trademark.
I'm curious how much 3D Realms knows what really went into its purchasing deal with Gearbox, considering they tried to sue Gearbox last summer for $2 million in royalties for Duke Nukem Forever. The suit was dropped rather quickly with plenty of apologies and humble pie to go around.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP