- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
Borderlands developer Gearbox software has announced a new "hero shooter", Battleborn, that combines first-person shooter with co-op play. Gearbox president Randy Pitchford has emphasized that Battleborn is a "hero shooter," whereas Borderlands 2 is a "shooter looter."
"As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created," Pitchford said.
Like the Borderlands games, the game is set in the future, but this time, the combatants are fighting to save the world. "The only hope for the last star in a dying universe is a new breed of warriors who must put aside their differences to drive back an unstoppable menace," Pitchford explained.
Check out the announcement trailer below:
Battleborn will feature both a narrative-driven co-op campaign as well as competitive multiplayer matches. It's currently slated for a release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One during the 2016 fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2016.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP