- New Game from Patrice Desilets, Creator of Assassin's Creed
- First Chapter of King's Quest Releases July 28th
- Dark Souls Franchise Sells Over 8 Million Copies
- Nolan North Confirms The Last of Us 2; Troy Baker Says It's News to Him
- Nintendo Adding New Multiplayer Game Mode for Splatoon
- Mornin '15
- YouTuber Swatted While Streaming Batman: Arkham Knight
- Shuhei Yoshida Acknowledges Pressure of the Last Guardian
- Darksiders 2 Back Then and Deathinitively Now
- Voice Actor Compares Visceral's Star Wars Game to 1313
- New Chris Avellone Stretch Goal for Bard's Tale IV
- Batman Arkham Knight PC Fixes Will Take Time
The well-known crappiness of Aliens: Colonial Marines stretches far. Mind you, the game was so crappy that certain people have filed a class-action lawsuit against its creators -- Gearbox and Sega -- saying that the game was falsely advertised to consumers. They also claimed that developer Gearbox used funds for the game for other projects. In time, Gearbox responded to the lawsuit, stating that they did not misdirect the funds.
In fact, they claim that they were forced to use their own funds well beyond what the publisher (Sega) provided for the project.
Vice president Steve Gibson said, "During the development process, Gearbox supplemented Sega's development budget with its own money to help Sega finish its game; Gearbox's contributions to Aliens: Colonial Marines totaled millions, none of which was ever repaid."
Read the full story at Gspot.
Well, none of this changes the fact that it was indeed one of the crappiest releases ever.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP