- REVIEW: Dead Island Retro Revenge
- Former The Division And The Witcher 3 Devs Announced 'Agony'
- REVIEW: Overwatch
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patched
- Mornin '16
- Modder Brings DOOM Weapons to Original Doom Game
- Blizzard Apparently Not Pleased with Overwatch Porn Sites
- Vivendi Pushing Toward Takeovers of Gameloft and Ubisoft
- No Man's Sky Officially Delayed
- Total War: Warhammer Top Seller on Steam
The well-known crappiness of Aliens: Colonial Marines stretches far. Mind you, the game was so crappy that certain people have filed a class-action lawsuit against its creators -- Gearbox and Sega -- saying that the game was falsely advertised to consumers. They also claimed that developer Gearbox used funds for the game for other projects. In time, Gearbox responded to the lawsuit, stating that they did not misdirect the funds.
In fact, they claim that they were forced to use their own funds well beyond what the publisher (Sega) provided for the project.
Vice president Steve Gibson said, "During the development process, Gearbox supplemented Sega's development budget with its own money to help Sega finish its game; Gearbox's contributions to Aliens: Colonial Marines totaled millions, none of which was ever repaid."
Read the full story at Gspot.
Well, none of this changes the fact that it was indeed one of the crappiest releases ever.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP