- Far Cry 4 The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat Trailer
- Hearthstone Reaches 20 Million Players Milestone
- Valve Gets Saints Row Creative Director
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Diary Part 3
- Destiny & The Sims 4 Britishly Triumphant
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Rumored for November 21
- Living in a Wasteland ... 2
- Notch Leaves Mojang After Microsoft Sale
- It's Official: Minecraft Creator Joins Microsoft
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: The Long Arm of Destiny
Get Even is an upcoming first-person shooter currently in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (oh and guess what, for PC too). Farm 51, the developer behind titles like Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, is working on this one. According to them, this is the first game to utilize such advanced tech to create a belieavable in-game 3D environment.
Word is: "To create the photo-realistic visuals that bring the gritty universe to life, Get Even is the first game to use large-scale, real-world scanning to create expansive and lifelike environments. This 3D scanning technology combines with advanced lighting effects to create a stunning and believable world that pushes the boundaries of the genre."
"Similarly, the team has worked to provide advanced weaponry and technology that exceeds current capabilities but are not beyond the realm of real-world application. For instance, weapons that fire around corners play a large part in Get Even, allowing the user to shoot from a safe position. These weapons can be linked with the player’s in-game smart phone to not only add a sight functionality, but use apps to bolster attack options. Corner-shot weapons are fully customizable throughout the game."
Of course; I wouldn't want to have a first-person shooter that doesn't connect to a phone app.
Anyway, these guys may be trying too hard (or someone's telling them to). Also, take a look at the shadow of the mobile phone in this screenshot. Now, they could be just pushing it with the makeover on this one, just to impress us. Just saying.
As we said at the beginning, Get Even is in the works for PC and next-gen platforms. Expect the game to surface sometime during 2015.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP