- Watch Your Back in the World of Spycraft
- Mornin '13
- The Witcher 3 In-Game Prettiness
- Payne + Wake = Quantum Break
- Halo: Spartan Assault Releases on Xbox One in December
- Konami Asks for Skullgirls to be Pulled from Xbox Live and PSN
- Battlefield 4 Patches Rolling Out Today
- Two New Titan Classes for Titanfall Revealed at VGX
- Ground Zeroes Xbox Trailer Announces Release Date
- No Man's Sky Debut Trailer
The world has gone crazier and very GTA-ish in the past 48 hours. While Rockstar and Take-Two are celebrating what's probably one of the biggest and most profitable launches in video game history, things were a bit hectic and, frankly, quite desperate for some other people. Namely, for people who want to buy the game.
According to a report, a 23-year-old customer was stabbed and robbed while carrying his copy of GTA 5 early Tuesday morning. Apparently he picked up a pre-ordered copy of the game at a midnight launch event at an Asda store in Colindale, London (hang on, don't UK gamers prefer Saints Row?).
Luckily, the victim is in stable condition in a North London hospital.
Police spokesman had this to say on the matter: "We were called at 1:20 a.m. to Princes Avenue, Colindale. A 23-year-old man was shopping, then on his way back home he was hit with a brick and stabbed. "He was robbed of items he had bought from a nearby Asda supermarket, including a copy of Grand Theft Auto."
Man, I know game prices are ridiculously high these days, but stabbing someone for one copy? How insane can you get? I would've gone for the wallet or something... I dunno a loaf of bread. Who the hell stabs for a game?
Rockstar has yet to comment on this (in between massive hangovers and burning 100 dollar bills probably).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP